Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Do I Start With Modification.

donna w

Hi,

I have got a jap st205 and it is completly standard apart from the k&n panal filter.

I would like 2 slowly build on the power of the car.I am lookin 2 start with the exhaust,however i am spoilt 4 choice and have'nt got a clue on which 1 is the best.Has anyone got any recommendations?

I would like 2 gain at least another 30+bhp but i don't want 2 spend a mint.I'm open 2 suggestions on how 2 do this as i have'nt got a clue.lol

Thanks.

have a boost controller fitted and up the boost to 17psi , stock iirc is 12 psi , a 1 psi gain equals 10 bhp - so 5 psi gain = 50 bhp .

i fitted a manual controller and a boost gauge inside the car , total cost was £35 - boost is also enabled in all gears and from cold.

have a boost controller fitted and up the boost to 17psi , stock iirc is 12 psi , a 1 psi gain equals 10 bhp - so 5 psi gain = 50 bhp .

i fitted a manual controller and a boost gauge inside the car , total cost was £35 - boost is also enabled in all gears and from cold.

Thanks 4 the info,I'm just worried that if i fit a manual controller i may end up damaging the car as i don't really know what i'm doing.What is the highest recommended boost pressure as i would like 2 stay below this so i'm not at risk of blowing my car up. :help:

as booster said 17 psi is a good place to put it on a standard car, you'll get enough fun from that ;) just ensure you have a good relyable boost gague fitted

Thanks 4 the info,I'm just worried that if i fit a manual controller i may end up damaging the car as i don't really know what i'm doing.What is the highest recommended boost pressure as i would like 2 stay below this so i'm not at risk of blowing my car up. :help:

if you do happen to set it too high the ecu will kick in and put the car into "limp" mode . this is to stop engine/turbo damage. the ecu was mapped to 1.1 bar pressure any higher and the ecu cant cope with fuel delivery etc . so if you set it to 1 bar you will be fine.

if you do happen to set it too high the ecu will kick in and put the car into "limp" mode . this is to stop engine/turbo damage. the ecu was mapped to 1.1 bar pressure any higher and the ecu cant cope with fuel delivery etc . so if you set it to 1 bar you will be fine.

Thanks 4 the info on the boost pressure.

I have just noticed that the car has got a error 54 in the ecu,i have checked the coolant level and it is about 1.5cm from the very top of the air charger.Would this be the problem or could it be the sensor.If i need 2 fill the collant up what type of collant do i need.

use toyota red for life - top up with engine running , blip the throttle and the chargecooler pump will kick in , the level may rise or fall doing this , keep topping it up untill you cant get any more in there . replace cap . fault 54 is common on the gt4 , but topping up should get rid of it . you might want to reset the ecu after filling up the chargecooler . take earth off Battery , press brake pedal twice , replace earth lead and run the diagnostics again , hopefully it will be cleared of error codes.

use toyota red for life - top up with engine running , blip the throttle and the chargecooler pump will kick in , the level may rise or fall doing this , keep topping it up untill you cant get any more in there . replace cap . fault 54 is common on the gt4 , but topping up should get rid of it . you might want to reset the ecu after filling up the chargecooler . take earth off battery , press brake pedal twice , replace earth lead and run the diagnostics again , hopefully it will be cleared of error codes.

Thanks 4 the advice,I have reset the ecu because the fluid did'nt seem that low.The error has now gone and the car feels more responsive.

What boost controller do u recommend?

use toyota red for life - top up with engine running , blip the throttle and the chargecooler pump will kick in , the level may rise or fall doing this , keep topping it up untill you cant get any more in there . replace cap . fault 54 is common on the gt4 , but topping up should get rid of it . you might want to reset the ecu after filling up the chargecooler . take earth off battery , press brake pedal twice , replace earth lead and run the diagnostics again , hopefully it will be cleared of error codes.

Thanks 4 the advice,I have reset the ecu because the fluid did'nt seem that low.The error has now gone and the car feels more responsive.

What boost controller do u recommend?

for peace of mind have an electronic one fitted - if you prefer the cheaper route which 1000's of gt4 owners along with all turbo car owners have opt for something like this. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERTEK-BOOST-CONTR...86.c0.m14.l1318

Hi

Thanks lot for the info, as a new owner myself.....i'm all excited now :P

for that price i'm gonna order my boost controller now :o

All the info is correct above... although i thought that the stock boost was 13psi but whats 1psi between friends ehh? :lol:

When you add the boost controllers the restriction in 1st and 2nd gear is lifted and you get full boost from launch. Feels a lot more responsive from the get go. :) Also when increasing boost i would suggest getting a exhaust and free flowing filter added to aid the increased psi.

There are many types of zorts but the Blitz and Apexi seem to be popular. I had a custom made jobbie on mine which cost circa £300 from the cat back and it was a great addition. Filter wise you cant beat and Apexi cone filter but with the 3SGTE engine you must ensure cold air feeds as it gets really hot under the hood. The other option is a high performance panel filter instead to stick with the original intake setup.

Ohh.. the stock boost gauge is a bag o'!Removed! so make sue you buy an after market one when installing any boost controller.

All the info is correct above... although i thought that the stock boost was 13psi but whats 1psi between friends ehh? :lol:

When you add the boost controllers the restriction in 1st and 2nd gear is lifted and you get full boost from launch. Feels a lot more responsive from the get go. :) Also when increasing boost i would suggest getting a exhaust and free flowing filter added to aid the increased psi.

There are many types of zorts but the Blitz and Apexi seem to be popular. I had a custom made jobbie on mine which cost circa £300 from the cat back and it was a great addition. Filter wise you cant beat and Apexi cone filter but with the 3SGTE engine you must ensure cold air feeds as it gets really hot under the hood. The other option is a high performance panel filter instead to stick with the original intake setup.

Ohh.. the stock boost gauge is a bag o'!Removed! so make sue you buy an after market one when installing any boost controller.

I have had alook around and i have decided that i'm goin 2 get a electronic boost controller.I have heard that the Apexi is quite good,do u know where 2 get the Apexi from?

I have been quoted £150 2 fit it,do u think that's the goin price as i'm not sure.

[All the info is correct above... although i thought that the stock boost was 13psi but whats 1psi between friends ehh? :lol:

1 psi = 10 bhp your figures .... :D :P :D

hmmm 2nd gear too...im definitely up for it now.

I had a k&n induction in the Calibra but it didnt like it ,so went back to the standard box with drilled holes....

it is a sworn mod in the Vauxhall world...

i think i may go for a panel..

i will say this...i'm not finding it an easy car to drive normally...do these !Removed! love gettin ragged or what!!

thanks for the help,i'm finding it invaluable

B) B) B)

I have had alook around and i have decided that i'm goin 2 get a electronic boost controller.I have heard that the Apexi is quite good,do u know where 2 get the Apexi from?

I have been quoted £150 2 fit it,do u think that's the goin price as i'm not sure.

Good choice, i think those manual ones are a bit pantz and i think you will find most people buy the electronic ones (well 95% of the GT4OC have)

I have an Apexi AVCR and it does a good job, also looks quite smart. Its not that hard to fit yourself... or maybe you know someone that could do it with/for you?

Get over to www.GT4OC.net where you can get really good GT4 specific advice and i bet there will be a local member whos willing to fit the EBC for ya... friendly bunch ;)

Upping the boost to 1.1 bar alone could quite easily give you a 30bhp gain

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links