Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Hate The Human Race.

GazChap

Just got back to my car to drive it home from work and found this:

1.jpg

No note with contact details on, or anything. Gnnnnnnnnngh.

Anyone had any similar bumps/dents/scratches? Any idea what I'm gonna be looking at paying out to get this sorted?

That's a rotten thing to happen.

Unfortunately the note on the windscreen seems to be the exception rather than the norm nowadays :(

I am sorry to see such damage :(

I guess the bill would be £500+.

I have had 2 cars damaged in car parks without anyone owning up.... the entire rear of an old car stoved in and then a few weeks ago the rear quarter of my present car damaged :crybaby:

Neither time did anyone have any courtesy to leave details.... swines :censor:

Really sorry to hear about this very unfortunate event,

I however don't think it will cost that much to repair as long as it's the wing that's damaged (looks like that from the photo) hopefully not the door or anything else.

If it's just the wing then it really depends on your budget assuming that you are not claiming on insurance.

1. you could try to get a second hand one from a scrapyard. cheap but not as good as before or

2. you could get one cheap (seen some new on eBay for about £45) and get it sprayed bringing the total cost to about £200 as this is what my friend paid when the same thing happened to his.

A point to note here is to see if there were any CCTV cameras that might have captured the event or even any people that work in any nearby shops. Other then that have a look at some local cars to see if they have any silver paint on their car

Hope it all works out ok.

What a mess! Unfortunately this seems to be the way nowadays, we have had the front wing of the Celica done whlst parked(no note) and even had a 4x4 reverse into the back of the car then claim that we reversed into them!! There are 4 cars in our family and every one has had "Hit and run" damage done to them at least once with no note left. Our last 4 cars have all been hit while parked, no wonder Insurance premiums are so high and they blame young male drivers....usually.

2. you could get one cheap (seen some new on ebay for about £45) and get it sprayed bringing the total cost to about £200 as this is what my friend paid when the same thing happened to his.

This seems like it might be the most viable option. As far as I can tell the door isn't damaged at all, just the wing. Are those wings the same across all Gen7 Celicas or were they changed for facelifts?

You'll be pleased to hear they're all the same :)

2. you could get one cheap (seen some new on ebay for about £45) and get it sprayed bringing the total cost to about £200 as this is what my friend paid when the same thing happened to his.

This seems like it might be the most viable option. As far as I can tell the door isn't damaged at all, just the wing. Are those wings the same across all Gen7 Celicas or were they changed for facelifts?

Looks like wing, door and mirror to me... :(

Sympathies to you, these kind of people should be hunted down and disposed of.

Sorry to hear this mate.

Sadly the wing looks to be unmendable, (you could take it to a panel beater to straighten it, but wont be 100%) so you will need a new one.

I replaced my drivers side wing after a mishap....

I spend months ringing scrappies, but none were 100% so in the end I bought one from a dealer (as aftermarket ones may have fitment issues) cost £105.

I then primed and painted the rear.. and fitted it myself.

Took it to a bodyshop to paint it, and blend it into the door, then lacquer the panel and the door cost £150.

Or if you have insurance protection claim on the insurance.

What mother******* piece of dirty rotton f****** scum sucking amoeba did that?? :angry:

They ought to be strung up by their goolies and battered with a wet fish whilst you empty their wallet to pay for the repairs...!

Some piece of trash rode a bicycle (judging by the imprint) into my door last year and then someone else scratched the same door...!

These people really need to be labotomised or something else similar but inheritantly more painful...!

Thats horrible i feel for ya mate.

However after Gordypix there us not much more to say, so as the man above says!

Is removal and fitting of the wings an easy job for someone with little experience working with cars?

How long ago did you do all this? Are the wings likely to still be £105 from Mr. T?

Is removal and fitting of the wings an easy job for someone with little experience working with cars?

How long ago did you do all this? Are the wings likely to still be £105 from Mr. T?

Fitting these depends on how brave you are!

I had previously removed my front bumper... so this required a bit more work... but basically a hours work for a novice....

Take front bumper off.... and side skirts remove the headlight near the wing, undo all visible bolts holding the wing down, a few in the bonnet area, two visible on the side with the door open.... then after much struggle i found a few more bolts under the black plastic under the wiper assembly... so i bent that plastic back far enough to get a socket to it... disconnect the side light and remove.

Fitting is the reverse... except spend extra time aligning the wing properly and do each bolt loosly so it stays in place, then tighten them up slowly.

I did this last Aug, so the price is not likely to have gone up much.

I was quoted £100 to do spray the wing only.... but i opted for a blend it to make sure it matched!

Incidently Mr T quoted me £700 to replace and paint the wing.... so putting a bit of effort in saved me loads of money!

Fitting these depends on how brave you are!

The answer to that is "not very" :D I didn't realise you'd have to take off the bumpers and side skirts too.

If it was a Vauxhall Nova or something I wouldn't be bothered (well, if it was a Nova I wouldn't even bother getting the dent repaired :P) but as it's a car with this value I'd rather spend a bit more to get a professional to sort it :)

Cheers for all the helpful advice though dude, you've at least given me a running idea as to what I'm gonna need to pay out. I'll see what the bodyshop comes back with as an estimate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gazchap

Sorry to see the damage to your Celica. I had a very similar experience nearly 3 weeks ago when I had left my car and gone to the Doctors. I was only in the surgery two minutes and when I came out the car that had been next to mine had gone and there was a massive dent in the rear drivers side panel.

I took my car to a Toyota body shop and they quoted me £1700 and recommended that a brand new panel was used. The damage to my car doesn't look half as bad as that to yours.

I have put it through my insurance and decided to pay the excess. I actually took the car in today but it will be off road for 8 days whilst the repair is done. However, I have a bad feeling about it as tonight there is a message on my answerphone asking me to phone the body shop.

I completely sympathise with what has happened to you as I am still fuming about the damage to my Celica. I hope that by now you have got something sorted out.

Cheers

GB

Hello Gazchap

Just noticed that you are based in Shrewsbury. I am based in Telford and took my car to the Toyota dealer in Shrewsbury.

Looks like there must be a T Sport hater in Shropshire!

GB

£1700?! Ouch. Cheapest quote I got was £441, for a new front wing, side repeater, painting and blending. I've already bought the replacement wing but won't have the money to get it all fitted/painted etc. for some time :(

Sorry to hear about these losers who are so selfish and cowards not owning up to their mistakes.

Closest i had was this, but i took photos and waited in the carpark for the culprit, needless to say he got a tongue-lashing

bumped.jpg

Mine took a hit from a reversing lorry while I was asleep. It did almost exactly the same damage but it also took the wing mirror off. Ugly!

£550 or so was the official insurance company price, which included a new wing. Fortunately(!) someone spotted the miscreant driving off and took their license plate. Miraculously, blame was accepted and my car was fixed for free.

Rear quarter dents come in at £1500+ from the "endorsed repairers" because they cut the entire section off and weld a replacement on. That dent cost me £300 to get pulled out and sorted out, but the paint job isn't quite as good as a whole new panel.

Sorry to hear about these losers who are so selfish and cowards not owning up to their mistakes.

Closest i had was this, but i took photos and waited in the carpark for the culprit, needless to say he got a tongue-lashing

bumped.jpg

tut tut its a peugeot driver, what do ya expect!! ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links