Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d No Power

roggy

Hi all sorry that my first question is a problem.

I bought a 2005 d4d t spirit two weeks ago and felt at the time it should have more power ( i changed from 2.5 petrol alfa) but since then it has got worse and will not accelerate in 5th and i have to change down on meeting a long incline. This does not happen in my wife's s40 diesel.

Is it the turbo, injectors or what any help much appreciated.

The car has 72000 miles with fsh. I bought it private.

I bought a 2005 d4d t spirit two weeks ago and felt at the time it should have more power ( i changed from 2.5 petrol alfa) but since then it has got worse and will not accelerate in 5th and i have to change down on meeting a long incline. This does not happen in my wife's s40 diesel.

mate i no for fact with d4d has been issues with high pressure fuel pumps and this may contribute to symptoms u r having

mate i no for fact with d4d has been issues with high pressure fuel pumps and this may contribute to symptoms u r having

Thanks mikeytic, i was hoping it wasn't a turbo problem. It runs fine just no real kick. i thought that if a turbo was gone it would show a lot of black smoke under load.

Keep province & county to yourself, but I am quite close to T.Hogan West Coast, might be worth putting car into your local dealer & pay up for an Hr's labour to see if they can find fault. Most people will suggest Injector fault, blocked EGR valve etc etc. And they may well be right, but i would be of a mind to get a proper diagnostic check.

With respect your not hoping Avensis engine is going to come anywhere close to the Alfa 2.5 ltr engine in Power or Torque. The 2.5 is a master piece just to look at let alone drive. Keep us posted with your final Toyota fix.

It's a shame I have had my Avensis up for sale for some time now with no joy (Brilliant Car But Deadly Dull) & go bck to Alfa's a hot 156 maybe, sounds stupid but work for main dealer so am aware of problems Alfa's can throw up at times.

Keep province & county to yourself, but I am quite close to T.Hogan West Coast, might be worth putting car into your local dealer & pay up for an Hr's labour to see if they can find fault. Most people will suggest Injector fault, blocked EGR valve etc etc. And they may well be right, but i would be of a mind to get a proper diagnostic check.

With respect your not hoping Avensis engine is going to come anywhere close to the Alfa 2.5 ltr engine in Power or Torque. The 2.5 is a master piece just to look at let alone drive. Keep us posted with your final Toyota fix.

It's a shame I have had my Avensis up for sale for some time now with no joy (Brilliant Car But Deadly Dull) & go bck to Alfa's a hot 156 maybe, sounds stupid but work for main dealer so am aware of problems Alfa's can throw up at times.

Ya i'll have it looked at in the next week as i want it sorted. When it's sorted i might get it remapped for a bit more power.

hello

start to change fine fuel filter + air filter. after test again.

in ccase the same result will be then come back with result.

cheers/Igor

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mikeytic, i was hoping it wasn't a turbo problem. It runs fine just no real kick. i thought that if a turbo was gone it would show a lot of black smoke under load.

not prone for turbos mate and if its the high pressure pump u will not get a code jus need a diagnostic tool to see if fuel pressure drops as u accelerate im pretty sure this will be where u prob lies mate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links