Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressures - 1.6tr

doobs

I have the above vehicle and most trips are short in and out of town/slow speed driving so my front tyres tend to wear on outside edges. I know that this topic has been discussed before, (but mainly for 2.0d4d engine) - what are 1.6 owners finding is ideal pressure on fronts - particularly for low speed/town driving - I have rasied my front pressures to 36psi recently as concerned about tyre wear after about 9k miles

Got just over 5000 miles on my 1.6TR. Running the tyres as per handbook, 32 psi, all round. Tyres seem to be wearing evenly and steering is fine.

We do a fair amount of local stuff, mixed in with the odd 200 mile run.

Try getting the tyres balanced and the tracking done and follow the recommended low speed pressures. If you are a spirited corner taker learn to take them more smoothly and maybe add 2psi to the front. By making the the tyre harder you reduce its huggability of the road and grip (grip has nothing to do with contact patch). I am currently running 38front and 32back and guess lighter 1.6 would be 36psi max on the front with decent soft/semi-soft tyres. It is much easier to track wear rates when the tyres are new.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links