Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Irish Toyota Owners!

mollycorolla

anyone who would ever be interested in an irish meet at some stage?? im sure if there was enough of us someone could arrange it????? and just wondering how many irish toyota owners are on here????

Hi again Molly :thumbsup:

I'm one & I started a poll a few weeks ago, asking the same question. There was 1 vote, as I remember- mine. :censor:

We had a hell of a time trying for years to get a meet together, & finally got one off the ground last month. Turned out that I couldn't go. Am retired, but was asked to go in to give the new owner a break & ended up knackered. :crybaby:

The problem is that the (fairly large) N I contingent don't appear to be eager to travel South. I was trying for a central venue, but it wasn't a runner. That was last year or the year before..

When this year's meet was finally up & running , a few from the South coast, like yourself, said it was too far for a 1/2 day meet. Not unreasonably.

I think that Robert from Drogheda was the only one to travel up. See pics in Irish meets section

I even PM'd everyone in the Failte section to let them know it was happening + Time & date

ahh that kinda stinks! i'd love to be able to go to the toc xmas due, but i mean with my finals, santa and xmascoming up in december, it wouldnt be worth my while travelling to england and back . it would cost too much to travel and it is a long way to go in a car. whereas if there was one in ireland, it doesnt take too long to get places! :D ahh well...

Today, I checked the Irish Meets sub section. No Change. I then went on to have a look at the Fa'ilte section, & found a few new members from OUR side of the Border (I detest politics) introducing themselves & mentioning a meet.

They are out there. The problem is that they probably don't check the Meets section & if they don't check out General (They don't as a rule ) it is very difficult to get their attention.

You would nearly have to do a post in every forum & section to draw their attention to the possibility of a meet.

Today, I checked the Irish Meets sub section. No Change. I then went on to have a look at the Fa'ilte section, & found a few new members from OUR side of the Border (I detest politics) introducing themselves & mentioning a meet.

They are out there. The problem is that they probably don't check the Meets section & if they don't check out General (They don't as a rule ) it is very difficult to get their attention.

You would nearly have to do a post in every forum & section to draw their attention to the possibility of a meet.

why oh why is it so hard to get a couple of people to meet up in ireland?!?! be nice if some of the uk people could come over here too! :D

why oh why is it so hard to get a couple of people to meet up in ireland?!?! be nice if some of the uk people could come over here too! :D

Get the kettle on then!

If there's an offer of a sofa, food and drink i'll come!! :lol:

If there's an offer of a sofa, food and drink i'll come!! :lol:

how about a bbq, mobile home and a pub 20 metres away from the house!! haha!

If a meet is arranged and i can make it i will come! ;)

Nope!

Another reason why i'd come across!!

:thumbsup:

ahh well the summer is finished here so ya may wait til next year!!

ahh well the summer is finished here so ya may wait til next year!!

When did it start ? I must have blinked :boat::disgust: :ffs: :lol:

i think we had it for a week about a month ago??? was lovely weather. was outside in the gazebo drinking everynight with the family til 3 in the morning it was so nice and warm. ok i'm lying, it lasted 5 days :(

i think we had it for a week about a month ago??? was lovely weather. was outside in the gazebo drinking everynight with the family til 3 in the morning it was so nice and warm. ok i'm lying, it lasted 5 days :(

Didn't happen here, but Wexford gets better weather than us :(

yea cause its the "sunny" south east :P

I think all of Ireland gets 'Weather' - and plenty of it :D

Hey - I live in Devon - that's just as green as Ireland and for the same reason :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links