Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Renewing Car Tax

UKDM323

Hi

My mums car tax is coming up to renewal in 3 wks time but she & my family be in asia/Hong kong for a month there going this sunday im not so can i buy the road on her behalf if she give me the neccesary paper work required like insurance etc? since the papers state 'mrs ****** ****' & fact that im a guy not a woman & not the main driver/owner of the car & i guess the cashier would know unless there stupid lol or can only the main owner fo the car can buy it ?

Failing that i try online

thanks

Yeah I've got tax for my Dad from the Post Office in the past loads of times :thumbsup:

So long as the car is taxed they don't mind who by! :yes:

Anyone can buy car tax at the post office for any car as long as you have the necessary paper work:

Tax reminder, valid insurance certificate and a valid MOT certificate (if it is older than 3yrs).

So you can do it no probs, I did my dads car before I went on holiday for him.

I can't speak for the UK, being in Ireland, but here in my town there is a man earning a few bob (Euro :lol: ) for himself by bringing Car taxes for renewal into The Tax Office in Dublin. He charges Euro12 a go , checks out the forms in advance for accuracy , & you have them back the next day.

In other words, they don't mind who pays it, as long as they get it. I'm sure it is no different in the UK too. By the way, we have a facility for paying on line. Check the renewal form to see if she was given a pin number. You would have to use your own credit card & bill your Mum :rolleyes:

I always retax mine online.

I could be a Terrorist, an imposter or even French - they don't care, they're only interested in the money !

Hi

Thanks thats gd knowing it wont be a wasted trip on saturday morning or after work, youre right they only care about money bit when things need amending they sometimes want to only speak to the main holder or wholever name is on the form :rolleyes: there is a online thing for this its url is on the form never tried it though maybe when mine s up for renewing & its too cold out there cos it be winter when mine does lol

surely you could do your Mums online too?

We always do it and it arrives within a week, much easier and saves wasting time queuing in a post office for ages.

Easier to do it on line.

But if you do go to the Post Office, remember not all post offices do Road Tax - literally everytime I have been in the my Local post Office buying something, there is always some poor sod just being told "no, we don't do road tax here" :rolleye

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links