Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Trading Up

demon-speeding

Hi Guys,

I've had my GT for about two years and she's been great but on the recent MoT I was advised that I will need a new cat and probably brakes all around to pass the next one. I've yet to look into the cost of these but I'm wondering if now might be the time to upgrade to a T-Sport. The more I see the Gen 7 the more I like the look of it.

I was just wondering if there's much difference in running costs seeing as it's a more modern 1.8 rather than the older 2 litre?

Also are there many out there with full leather interiors or is that fairly uncommon?

I'm looking at a budget of £4-£5k and possibly trading in my current car and I'm hoping to find a fairly unmolested 190 preferably in black with a full leather interior how do you rate my chances?

Thanks in advance.

All Gen7 T-sports have the two-tone leather interior as far as I'm aware. Just bear in mind that there's a difference between a "190" and a "T-Sport". The T-sports have different alloys, two-tone seats, and a T-sport Badge on the back (and my T-sport has a red Toyota Badge on the back too instead of the usual silver).

I've no idea whatsoever how you tell a 190 from a 140 short of looking under the bonnet.

as said tsport has two tone leather interior with tsport embossed on front seats and check engine make sure its vvtli for 190 but more to the point has prices dropped that much that you could even get tsport for that price range :D

What you should be trying to find is a face lift T Sport in Storm Blue (Black is a 140 colour). Things to check are corrosion/buckling on the alloys and corrosion on the inside faces of the Discs.

Insurance is Group 15 and fuel economy is good with the 6 speed Box.

Good luck with your search..they're fantastic Cars and you won't regret changing :)

GazChap: 190/TS Tail pipes are oval and the 140 is circular :)

Thanks for all the responses.

So the T Sport is just the deluxe version of a 190 and the differences are purely aesthetic? If that's the case I might try and find a plain 190 and spend some of the difference on a body kit and re-spray. Thanks again for the help. :thumbsup:

I don't think the differences are completely aesthetic - I think the T-Sport has a slightly faster 0-60 time than the 190, but I'm not sure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links