Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Break Problem

pdb1980

Hi all new to the sight I have a 2001 celica prem + have a slight problem with the front breaks I had the disks and pads changed about 2 years ago at Toyota dealer. about 3 months ago I noticed a a judder when breaking I got worse quite quickly to the point where when I was breaking there was a squeak comming from the drivers side front when i pressed and released the pedal. I changed the pads again and that solved the problem but recently it started again with the squeaking and juddering when breaking but the pads are fine. If I leave my hads off the wheel it pulls slightly to the right and the heat that is coming off the wheel is very high. My pops told me that it could be the caliper that is sticking due to a result of a build up of break dust and stuff which could explane the squeak and the judder but there is a score mark that runs the entire disk which does not make sense as the pads are not that worn at all. And even when the pedal is not pressed the is a judder at the wheel and the car kinda breaks for its self to!?

Any advice would be appreciated as I dont want to go to the dealer again and get conned out of £300 again

Thanks

Paul

With the disk scored and the judder you describe then I wold be thinking new disks. If you have had a general check when you were fitting your new pads and all seems ok then I would be looking at fitting new disks, should stop the judder.

You also need to ensure that your calliper is not sticky, either free it off or replace.

Hot brakes and pulling to one side when braking are typical of a siezed caliper....

Which i would fix sooner rather then later, otherwise you will need to change the disks, pads and not to mention the excessive fuel you are using.

Remove the caliper and apply copper greese to the pistons, should solve the problem.

Hot brakes and pulling to one side when braking are typical of a siezed caliper....

Which i would fix sooner rather then later, otherwise you will need to change the disks, pads and not to mention the excessive fuel you are using.

Remove the caliper and apply copper greese to the pistons, should solve the problem.

Thanks for that I kinda guessed that it eas the caliper that was causing the problem, as the pads are quite new there is no way it could be them will be sorting it this week so will keep you posted thanks for the posts guys :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links