Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.6vvt-i 5dr Hatch: Revs

Astronomer

Can any of you knowledgeable guys give me an idea of what the rev counter should read when travelling along a level road at 60 mph? I tested one th'other day and the rev counter read around 3000 rpm, that seems a little high to me, or maybe I'm just not used to 1.6 litre petrol cars (which I'm not). I'm slightly concerned that, if that does seem high to you guys, the clutch might be slipping and needs replacing. Any thoughts?

2005 Corolla 1.6vvt-i 5dr Hatchback T3

Can any of you knowledgeable guys give me an idea of what the rev counter should read when travelling along a level road at 60 mph? I tested one th'other day and the rev counter read around 3000 rpm, that seems a little high to me, or maybe I'm just not used to 1.6 litre petrol cars (which I'm not). I'm slightly concerned that, if that does seem high to you guys, the clutch might be slipping and needs replacing. Any thoughts?

2005 Corolla 1.6vvt-i 5dr Hatchback T3

That is normal i would say, if you suspect the clutch is slipping slow down to 30 in top gear and floor it. If there is any drastic movement on the rev counter then you have an issue, if not you dont. :thumbsup:

That is normal i would say, if you suspect the clutch is slipping slow down to 30 in top gear and floor it. If there is any drastic movement on the rev counter then you have an issue, if not you dont. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that, cabcurtains. :thumbsup: That sets my mind at rest, I guess I'm too used to a 2 litre diesel motor which would cruise along at 2000 rpm at 63mph in fifth. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm sure I'll have some more silly questions to ask later as Toyota is new to me. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, cabcurtains. :thumbsup: That sets my mind at rest, I guess I'm too used to a 2 litre diesel motor which would cruise along at 2000 rpm at 63mph in fifth. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm sure I'll have some more silly questions to ask later as Toyota is new to me. :rolleyes:

No Probs, i have the Corolla and a Diesel company car, they are chalk and cheese on the rev front :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links