Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

French M.o.t

bigjohnson

I am hoping that someone can help me, I own a 1998 Liteace noah vspec and I am now living in the South of France. I want to export the car from the U.K to France and get the car fully licensed and registered in France. The only problem I am coming across with the whole process is that I need to change my headlights from right hand drive units to left hand drive units (so that I don/t dazzle on coming traffic). Its not possible to pass the French M.O.T with the temporary light diverting stickers. I have got in contact with a couple of Japanese import spares dealers but they insist the car was only produced in right hand option. So finally on to my question does anyone know if the liteace noah shares its headlights with another car in the toyota range? This way I may be able to get some left hand units if it is a mass produced European car.

I am hoping that someone can help me, I own a 1998 Liteace noah vspec and I am now living in the South of France. I want to export the car from the U.K to France and get the car fully licensed and registered in France. The only problem I am coming across with the whole process is that I need to change my headlights from right hand drive units to left hand drive units (so that I don/t dazzle on coming traffic). Its not possible to pass the French M.O.T with the temporary light diverting stickers. I have got in contact with a couple of Japanese import spares dealers but they insist the car was only produced in right hand option. So finally on to my question does anyone know if the liteace noah shares its headlights with another car in the toyota range? This way I may be able to get some left hand units if it is a mass produced European car.

Thanks for the reply Andy. I have been in touch with a couple of import spare part shops and they claim that there was no left hand drive model produced, the Liteace Noah was built for the Japanese market only. As you probably already know the Liteace on the link that you sent to me is much older and a totally different shape but that model must have been made for the european market (being that its left hand drive). I was hoping that my car shares its headlights with another vehicle from the Toyota range, a more mass produced vehicle, but so far no luck with my search. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Southwest France and have a Granvia.

From my experience obtaining the headlights will be the least of your problems. Like a lot of things in France, ask two people the same question and you will get three different answers. Having been throught the import and registration process twicw before I expected a few more problems with re registering the Granvia but have been led down a few blind alleys by various French authorities. To cut a long story short eighteen months on and not a lot of progress.

Basically it seems that if you have a Japanese personal import and a similar model was imported into Europe by Toyota then you are more than likely to be able to registe the vehicle in France (for example a Mitsubushi Pajero - which was also imported into France using the same model name). To start the process off you need to contact Toyota in France and request a "Certificate of non-conformity" which will define those areas of the vehicle that do not conform to an EU specification (eg lights sea belts, glass, etc) and then make an appointment with the DRIRE and take it from there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links