Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav

MAC_1981

:huh:

HI evryone.... I may sound stupid asking but ive recently bought a t-spirit 02 plate corolla, it just has the trip computer mounted in the dash,

is it possible to get the toyota standard sta nav working in that screen and how would i do that? surely not by just buying a cd for sat nav???

Complete different unit. Have to buy it from Toyota or elsewhere. Pricey too :P

HI evryone.... I may sound stupid asking but ive recently bought a t-spirit 02 plate corolla, it just has the trip computer mounted in the dash,

is it possible to get the toyota standard sta nav working in that screen and how would i do that? surely not by just buying a cd for sat nav???

You would need to buy the Toyota Sat Nav unit and wire it up to the trip computer screen. It is normally mounted under the front passenger seat I believe. However from what I've heard, it really isn't very good at all. Firstly you you only get a tiny monotone screen and you can't input postcodes to navigate to, so you have to put in the full address each time. I think a Tom Tom would be far cheaper, more practical, less hassle and much more usable :)

You would need to buy the Toyota Sat Nav unit and wire it up to the trip computer screen. It is normally mounted under the front passenger seat I believe. However from what I've heard, it really isn't very good at all. Firstly you you only get a tiny monotone screen and you can't input postcodes to navigate to, so you have to put in the full address each time. I think a Tom Tom would be far cheaper, more practical, less hassle and much more usable :)

just got one of them tomtom 520 business, been taking acid to water treatment farms in the middle of nowhere, you dont want to be getting lost with a 40ft tanker of your scanny! well good but it does like to take the long way, best for just the last bit really. speed camera warning is handy as is the bluetooth so you can use handsfree and its voice activated. as said them you can add to use the existing screen are pants - hence ebay's usually full of them. i tried to get a second-hand toyota full screen - it ended up at over £600!

With my Alpine H/U, i could have sat nav is an optional extra unit, so i could buy the unit and add it on, but from what i can remember, it wasn't cheap, about £400

My car has factory Nav and its worse than the latest TomTom/Garmin/Nav Man, good job it wasnt me paying for it at £1500!

The only positive is its not possible to leave it stuck on the dash and have some scum pinch it, major downside's are no postcode searching and speed camera's etc.

Cheers thankyou for the reply..... hmm..... yup think i'll pass on that and buy a tom tom cheers for the adviec! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links