Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oem Satnav/bluetooth

anchorman

Anyone with a T180 or XT5 4.3........

.......my mate has an Avensis T180 with what appears to be the same system as the RAV. However, he cannot get the bluetooth to work and the voice commands for the satnav come from the left speaker and not the right. I know I can hunt through the satnav diagnostic menu;

bluetooth.jpg

But if somebody has done it already it will save me trawling through all the menus.

Regards

Don't remember anything about changing which speaker the sat nav voice comes from, I thought they only came from the right by default, but I could be wrong. Don't have the manual to hand at the moment.

There's a connector pin (LRHD) on the back of the unit, which I believe tells it whether it is left or right hand drive. Should be to ground for RHD. I woonder if it isn't and therefore it thinks it is LHD and hence the sat nav commands come from the left?

For the bluetooth, first, has he managed to pair the phone with the head unit?

There's a connector pin (LRHD) on the back of the unit, which I believe tells it whether it is left or right hand drive. Should be to ground for RHD. I woonder if it isn't and therefore it thinks it is LHD and hence the sat nav commands come from the left?

Top banana ;) I bet that is it as the bluetooth overview states that the voice commands are routed to the "driver" speaker.

bluetooth2.jpg

Don't know yet what he has done about registering the phone - will find out soon.

What would I do without you :thumbsup:

Just been out to the RAV.

To register the phone it's:

Info(Physical Button) -> Telephone(Screen) -> Settings(Screen) -> Bluetooth(Screen) -> Register(Screen)

To Connect, go back to the bluetooth screen and select either connect or Autoconnect (On is with yellow bar above button on screen).

If all that is OK, then maybe start messing the the diagnostics.

Not get confused?? ;) (I mean Only Electronic wise of course :rolleyes: )

EDIT:

Don't forget some some phone don't play nicely with the Toyota bluetooth (won't pair).

As you usually say, Good Luck!

Info(Physical Button) -> Telephone(Screen) -> Settings(Screen) -> Bluetooth(Screen) -> Register(Screen)

To Connect, go back to the bluetooth screen and select either connect or Autoconnect (On is with yellow bar above button on screen).

EDIT:

Don't forget some some phone don't play nicely with the Toyota bluetooth (won't pair).

When I paired mine with the RAV the biggest problem was trying to find out where to input the "pairing code" ( 4 numbers ) that the radio system generated. Not dead certain, but I'd bet that all phones would need you to input that code to make it work. AM - in an earlier post on the same subject I described the difficulties I had with a Sony Ericcson 800i that had the Orange version of the software installed in the phone. For the benefit of anyone else who's thinking "I've got that problem" it was you who kindly pointed out that the phone should have the latest version of the software installed before trying to pair it.

Best regards

Chris

EDIT:

When I paired mine with the RAV the biggest problem was trying to find out where to input the "pairing code" ( 4 numbers ) that the radio system generated. Not dead certain, but I'd bet that all phones would need you to input that code to make it work. AM - in an earlier post on the same subject I described the difficulties I had with a Sony Ericcson 800i that had the Orange version of the software installed in the phone. For the benefit of anyone else who's thinking "I've got that problem" it was you who kindly pointed out that the phone should have the latest version of the software installed before trying to pair it.

Best regards

Chris

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links