Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gen7 Double Din Radio Brackets

bond4uin

Hi guys and girls, hope someone can help me out. When I got my celica, the previous owner had taken out the factory double din head unit and had put a single din 1 in. Now I have bought a pioneer double din head unit to put in, but i dont have to brackets and apparently u need toyotas original factory brackets to out the head unit in. Where can i get hold of those, or is there any alternative. Went to the dealer but they were pretty useless, saying that they have to be ordered for 25 quid + delivery and a 3 day wait. Honestly thing thats quite expensive just for brackets, especially after spending my good money on an expensive stereo.

hey ive just done the opposite and put a single din into my t-sport, the facia that you get to convert it doesnt come with any metal fixtures, so you have to take the frame off the standard stereo to fit the new plastic piece, therefore i reckon if you take your metal frame from your facia that is fitted then you should be able to bolt the metal straight onto your new stereo. hope it helps!

hey ive just done the opposite and put a single din into my t-sport, the facia that you get to convert it doesnt come with any metal fixtures, so you have to take the frame off the standard stereo to fit the new plastic piece, therefore i reckon if you take your metal frame from your facia that is fitted then you should be able to bolt the metal straight onto your new stereo. hope it helps!

You bought the silver facia then? If you get the black one (Autoleads FP-11-03) it doesn't come with metal fixtures, but it does come with the right bits of plastic attached to the facia to allow you to bolt it to the car in the same way you would the metal fixtures on the stock stereo.

Plus you get a little storage compartment underneath the single DIN unit ;)

Thanks guys it turned out that there was the metal bit under the silver fascia, and it fits perfectlly with my new stereo :)

I had been scratching my head for days lol..

Thanks again for all your help

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys and girls, hope someone can help me out. When I got my celica, the previous owner had taken out the factory double din head unit and had put a single din 1 in. Now I have bought a pioneer double din head unit to put in, but i dont have to brackets and apparently u need toyotas original factory brackets to out the head unit in. Where can i get hold of those, or is there any alternative. Went to the dealer but they were pretty useless, saying that they have to be ordered for 25 quid + delivery and a 3 day wait. Honestly thing thats quite expensive just for brackets, especially after spending my good money on an expensive stereo.

Hi,

Can I ask which pioneer stereo you brought. I have been looking for a double din stereo for a while but they all seem to bee different mounting sizes.

Does this matter? Apologies if this sounds like a daft question.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can I ask which pioneer stereo you brought. I have been looking for a double din stereo for a while but they all seem to bee different mounting sizes.

Does this matter? Apologies if this sounds like a daft question.

Hi there,

I got the pioneer one, cant remember the model number. But almost all double din stereos are the same size. But you do need to get side brackets for them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links