Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Servicing!

kangzy

Hi Guys,

My first 15k service is coming up in a couple of weeks.. I just wanted to know what i can expect done?

by this i mean what will be changed ie.. oil filter/oil/ brack pads?

and is there any thing i should be aware of? cosi know that alot of you have had complaints about things they decide to "expensive add on"

thanks

shaun

Your dealer should be able to provide you with a service schedule detailing all items which are checked/replaced.

If anything else is done without asking you first that constitutes "unauthorised works" and you are not liable to pay for it!

Can you tell i've been to Trading Standards before?? :lol:

Your dealer should be able to provide you with a service schedule detailing all items which are checked/replaced.

If anything else is done without asking you first that constitutes "unauthorised works" and you are not liable to pay for it!

Can you tell i've been to Trading Standards before?? :lol:

cheers mate but do u know roughly what i can expect to done.. if there is such a thing as a "routine service"

cool..

let me rephase my first post my english was terrible..

i know that alot of you have complained about "expensive add ons" that Toyota have decided to do without informing you?

cheers cguys

Air Filter and Pollen Filter were replaced without telling me, cost about £45.

Also they advised me about my brakes, front pads need replacing and front discs are lipped - £368 to replace but I did not let them do it!

Took it to a local garage said discs were fine for atleast 5,000 miles but I replaced them anyway by myself with Mintex pads and discs for £110 all in!

p.s. Thanks to nrgizerbunny for the step by step how to guide! :thumbsup:

EDIT: They also flushed my engine and charged me £15 for this, the next service I requested for this not to be done and not to fill my washer fluid for £4! :lol:

I thought the service interval was 10k?

Or does the compressor have different intervals?

yea it is 10k.. but when i first bort my car the dealer had it serviced it at that current milage of 6k..

£4 buk for windscreen fluid? bluddy hell your windscreen must sparkle!

i betta make sure they call me befor hand!!

yea it is 10k.. but when i first bort my car the dealer had it serviced it at that current milage of 6k..

Phew, i thought you had past the 10k :( ;)

The 20k service is classed as a "Full", over the "Intermediate" they will just "inspect" a few more parts so expect a bit more labour cost. In terms of actual parts to replace i expect you will only need an Oil Filter, 4.5 ish litres of Oil, and a new sump plug! Telling them you dont want the Engine Flush (£10), Sundries (£5) Lubricant (£5) is your call.

Pollen filter/Air con clean will be offered thats about £25, all the above + VAT!!!!!!!

Dont let them try and charge for a new air filter for obvious reasons!

Screen Wash is 80p, tup in the north where its boring and slow :lol:

" Sundries (£5) Lubricant (£5) is your call."

whats sundries? and exactly are they lubbing up?

" Sundries (£5) Lubricant (£5) is your call."

whats sundries? and exactly are they lubbing up?

Thats it exactly, the hinge on your door £5+VAT for a squirt of WD40, be strong say NO :lol:

you can ecpect an overly nice greeter forcing coffee on you every 10 mins and a big bill!!

seriously, i always take my own oil ect - check in the schedule what is needed. i always make contact with the mechanic - they will always chat if you go round the back - this then avoids them silly charges for screen wash and hinge lubrication as mentioned. i always make sure me car is clean if i have to take it to a garage and always tell them not to wash it!! they thought they were doing me a favour - had to spend a day polishing the scratches out!!

DONT know what is going on as they replaced my DISCs front and back for free under the warranty and they were not even liped or groved and all i had to do is by the pads at foe about £85 for front and back. :D

Phew, i thought you had past the 10k :( ;)

The 20k service is classed as a "Full", over the "Intermediate" they will just "inspect" a few more parts so expect a bit more labour cost. In terms of actual parts to replace i expect you will only need an Oil Filter, 4.5 ish litres of Oil, and a new sump plug! Telling them you dont want the Engine Flush (£10), Sundries (£5) Lubricant (£5) is your call.

Pollen filter/Air con clean will be offered thats about £25, all the above + VAT!!!!!!!

Dont let them try and charge for a new air filter for obvious reasons!

Screen Wash is 80p, tup in the north where its boring and slow :lol:

I had my Corolla two year service from new, completed at a Mr T dealer although the car had only done 12000 miles. All the normal extras charged, except filling the water bottle which was full anyway.

However they told me that as a safety precaution, all the brake fluid needed replacing at a mere £70! I did not have the technical knowledge to dispute this extra work, but on reflection and plowing through the owners manual I suspect the work was not strictly necessary. Surely brake fluid lasts more than 2 years.

A point to watch at service intervals.

I had my Corolla two year service from new, completed at a Mr T dealer although the car had only done 12000 miles. All the normal extras charged, except filling the water bottle which was full anyway.

However they told me that as a safety precaution, all the brake fluid needed replacing at a mere £70! I did not have the technical knowledge to dispute this extra work, but on reflection and plowing through the owners manual I suspect the work was not strictly necessary. Surely brake fluid lasts more than 2 years.

A point to watch at service intervals.

Most manufacturers recommend changing the brake fluid at 2 years as it absorbs moisture (Deliquescent) and the boiling point is lowered which can in extreme circumstances cause the fluid to boil and lead to brake fade.

Of course you do not have to pay Toyota prices to have the job done.

Many independents offer the service for half the Toyota cost :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links