Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possibility Of A National Aygo Meet?

Paul Gi

Didn't wanna create a thread in the National Meets thread just yet just for it to become a thread with no replies - nothing more depressing than trying to organize a meet that ends up with zero turnout.

I was thinking of possibly organizing a National Aygo Club Meet somewhere relatively central in the UK, making it fairer for those in Scotland who might want to come as well!

I was thinking of either one of 3 locations to have this meet: -

1) Manchester

2) Leeds

3) Sheffield

Now i picked these locations as they're relatively central locations in the UK. Now also to make it worthwhile for those travelling over 60 or so miles i propose we make this into a weekender thing. I had organized a highly successful National Almera Owners Club Meet in Newcastle back in 2006 and i reckon this has better promise (with their being more Aygo owners and with that, lower travelling costs for those owners)

Accommodation

Now when i organized my National AOC Meet everybody got a Travelodge/Premier Travel Inn room for the night however if anyone else knows a cheaper alternative (B&B's, cheaper motels, camping site - if people were up for this) then do put up your ideas here

Dates

Now i haven't got a confirmed date however i was thinking of either one of 2 timezones

1) October/November time

2) January '09

I've deliberately left out December as i'll be dedicating my end of November's wages on Xmas shopping, as will some others as well

Is there any interest in this at all? Ideally i'd be looking for 10 or so names to make it worthwhile

Me and Badboyvtec have been trying this for some time, the map thingy done showed a lot of people are around the london area that were up for a meet, so wether those locations suggested are too far north I am not sure, but wether people will travel if they are up for a weekender I dont know.

Anyway I am up for a meet and am not that fusssy where or when, if I can make I will.

SJx

A meet will not happen unless it is near where the majority live.... surely JAE is a sensible place to kick off a regular Aygo meet :huh:

Well ultimately i'm not bothered where the location is i'm just trying to maximize as much interest as possible to get the biggest turnout possible...

I myself don't mind travelling to London however i don't know if others are the same, hence the central(ish) locations...

Anyone want to suggest potential meet up locations? A single make-model Meet will be a good way to promote the club :)

For people to travel, it will need to be big and well worth it... so not just a "meet" but maybe based around entertainment, such as a theme park or safari park is probably your best bet.

I'm happy to go 100 miles-or-so, so long as interest is high and its based somewhere cool! :thumbsup:

JAE is about as far into the sticks as it can be, so I wouldn't say Essex is the best location for a regular meet as tbh I'd be less likely to travel that far.

Oxfords always been popular in the past for meets :)

I suggest going to Alton Towers for the day - then again i'm saying just because i could find a KILLER bit of road through the Yorkshire Dales AND The Peak District :D :D :D

But Alton Towers wouldn't be such a bad day out - stuff to do and then you could shack up at a Travelodge or somewhere similar for the night then the next again day you could park up somewhere for a group photo shoot or something?

That what i was thinking

I'm in Rugby, so pretty much anywhere is within an OK distance for me! (i still vote midlands though ;) )

Finally, another Rugby person on here - I've waited 4 years for this! :lol:

Midlands would be kool! I'm in the central belt of scotland so London is a no no for me :( A group photo would be amazing :) Camping also is :)

Midlands would be kool! I'm in the central belt of scotland so London is a no no for me :( A group photo would be amazing :) Camping also is :)

Aww come on! I'm in the central belt as well and just IMAGINE the trek down - Through the Yorkshire Dales, through the Peak District and then a nice relaxing motorway journey to calm yourself :D

Also on another note you coming down to JAE?

i wont be going to JAE now :( but im up for this... i dont fancy a trek down to london though if im honest... and Alton Towers is !Removed!... i live like an hours drive from there n already go twice a year lol

Aww come on! I'm in the central belt as well and just IMAGINE the trek down - Through the Yorkshire Dales, through the Peak District and then a nice relaxing motorway journey to calm yourself :D

Also on another note you coming down to JAE?

Nope :( I don't have enough money :( Cutting down the spending at the moment. Car insurance is due at the same time as the car tax (£35 woo) next month (the only down side of buying a new car :P both due at the same time). Then going on holiday :) Woooooo and then the 21st :) Then waiting for the news of the new flat :) hahahahahaha

money money money

Sorry to appear thick, but what, where is JAE

See here:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76752

Are you going?

Will be going to JAE but don't know which car yet. :unsure:

If the AGRO is back will come in that but I supect it will just be a cruise round the M25 in the Galant with the Cruise control set at sensible speeds(read Legal). ;)

Could end up travelling with a load of nutters, in convoy : I'll be the slow one,with company like this lot: Modded R34, Evo 8, 2 Scobbies(one modded by Prodrive), Supra,and whatever else they drag out.

Got back from JAE about 2 hours ago,

Wish we could have made a weekend of it but other circumstances don't allow that.

Well worth going and meeting those that were there.

Will post pics next week.

back on topic

how about walking before we run

scottish meet???????.....count me in

• 3 weeks later...

What about Blackpool? The entertainment capital of Europe!

You can not get more central than Blackpool, it's just about the geographical centre of Britain! It has the largest car park in Europe, it has a near 15 mile promenade if you include Fleetwood and St Annes, and it has a massive heritage as a motor town with Jaguar starting up there and also TVR.

With the Pleasure Beach as the most popular attraction in Britain, the huge redevelopment that has been going on and the enormous amount of car and bike shows it's ideal.

Oh yes and the fact that I won't have to travel too far! ;)

Mallory Park :rolleyes:

Especially if we could get the track as well.- Just watch out for the hairpin.

Other possibilities , Woburn Abbey, have been to meetings there in the past.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links