Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4.1 Diff Lock

bilun777

[We] engaged diff lock at 50 mph.Thought it was the air con button.[stopped beeping and disengaged when we reversed out of parking bay].Can [we] cause damage? I tried to find a fuse to prevent inadvertant activation but to no avail.Seems o.k. now..... :rolleyes:

[We] engaged diff lock at 50 mph.Thought it was the air con button.[stopped beeping and disengaged when we reversed out of parking bay].Can [we] cause damage? I tried to find a fuse to prevent inadvertant activation but to no avail.Seems o.k. now..... :rolleyes:

:D :D I use the diff lock when doing standing quarter mile starts/drag racing. It helps a lot as the front wheels lift off the ground and the car would otherwise lose traction.

On my last runs, I had the diff lock on and my terminal speed was 91mph.

The reason the handbook warns about using diff lock above 50mph is mainly cos the steering becomes harder on corners - thats all. The 4.1 transmission is engineered to take 300+bhp - you're running 127 bhp so you have little chance of damaging anything!

You will notice a slight delay before the diff lock drops out - even sometimes having to reverse. Don't worry though. Its handy to have whenever the road is slippy or you do go off road at all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links