Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pressure Washer

jibbbbbb

i have spent many many hour cleaning the rav with a good quality shampoo , and waxing with p21 contour wax so the car has a great shine . thinking of getting a presser washer today but after reading a few forums , it seems that a presser washer might and could just strip the wax off which has took me a long time to build up to a great shine. so to all you cleaning freaks on here i no there is a few cause i have read a few topics on cleaning in the rain ext ext . any info would be great

many thank :D

Pressure washers are IMHO, good for wheel arches and the underside of the car and little else.

And usually I can do just as good a job on the wheel arches etc., with just the ordinary hose set to "jet" spray, so I rarely bother getting the pressure washer out of the garage.

I certainly would not use it on the "top side" of the car, two buckets and flossy :lol: is much much better. :thumbsup:

If you haven't got a pressure washer and don't need it for anything else.......save your money! :yes:

When I bought my brand new RAV4 STAX 10 years ago, I bought a pressure washer at the same time to keep it good. After a few uses, I could see slight lines from the washer lightly etched into the paintwork. Under body and arches are okay; but you don't get any real advantage with a pressure washer - I always had to go back over and hand wash anyway.

two buckets and flossy :lol: is much much better. :thumbsup:

If I speak nicely to her, will flossy wash my Rav4 for me when I'm over later this week? :lol:

I do use a Pressure Washer on mine, but don't have the hose on too close as it WILL damage the paintwork and can even make dents in thin metal (so avoid using on old Jap Western European cars!)

One thing I do like the pressure washer for is to get rid of the foamy water before leathering.

I would never use a pressure washer on any car :eek:

A decent garden hose does the job and if there is some stubborn dirt/mud under the arches then wet it and wash the car and then spray the dirt off as the last job. As Fujisan says "....I can do just as good a job on the wheel arches etc., with just the ordinary hose set to "jet" spray,...." I totally agree :yes:

Pressure washer to rinse and get the dust off then Auto Glym shampoo with a sponge and a pressure washer rinse does the job for me :)

I got a pressure washer friday, great deal in halford at the moment on the hp2000, half price at 90 and came top of the autoexpress test when it was priced 180. Like people have said, dont put it to close to the paint work cause it will take it off, made a great job of cleaning my car.

Id recommend one for sure, just be carefully, really handy for cleaning the car in the winter because its quick, gets all the salt. In the rite hands they are fine. I done the stone walls in the back garden today. Haven't been done for 20 years id say. Look lovely now so it not just for the car.

One great use of a pressure washer is on the hanging tiles if you have then on your house. My last house was a 1930's one with the tiles between the ground and 1st floor bay windows and I pressure-washed those (up a step ladder so pointing down :) ) and the difference was amazing :eek: came up looking like new and made all the similar houses in the street look very murky :D

two buckets and flossy :lol: is much much better. :thumbsup:

If I speak nicely to her, will flossy wash my Rav4 for me when I'm over later this week? :lol:

Speak sweetly enough and Miss Daisy will drive you back to Holyhead! :lol::lol::lol:

One great use of a pressure washer is on the hanging tiles if you have then on your house. My last house was a 1930's one with the tiles between the ground and 1st floor bay windows and I pressure-washed those (up a step ladder so pointing down :) ) and the difference was amazing :eek: came up looking like new and made all the similar houses in the street look very murky :D

Remember an old neighbour of mine pressure washing his block paving

.........halfway through you couldn't see him for sand :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D - now that is another use a pressure washer is good for - IF you don't have a daft operator. I would never use it on block paving personally though.

Decking now, very handy for that it you have some slime/sap on it

Pressure washers are great if you know how to use them properly.

To prevent any damage to paintwork make sure the jet is no closer than 1 metre from the body work and kept at an angle of 30 degrees :thumbsup:

I did use one of these but eventually i just couldnt be bothered to get it out of the garage, so they hose pipe is winning at the moment. As mentioned very good on the decking.

I remember watching a new valeter steaming off a Fiat Punto that had just come back from the bodyshop, poor kid was doing it at point blank range and there were sections of paint the size of A4 sheets coming off it. That kid didnt come back the next day, live and learn i suppose ;)

thanks very much for all your views, i have gone and brought a pressure washer and used it on the car , made a great job of wheels cause you can get right to the back of the rims. another thing which i could not do very well with a sponge is clean under the arches , gave them a good clean and i could not beleive all the ***** that came off . one more thing , how do i go about pressure washing engine bay it is clean cause i allways give it a wipe over after washing the car . do i have to cover any parts ( ie electrical stuff ) . once again thanks for your views .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links