Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed

w3bb0

hi all new here in need of some help ive always wanted a mr2 so i went and bought 1 to do up took it for a mot it failed on co emissions took it to my mams husband he serviced it for me took it for retest failed again they told me it hasnt got a cat or a Lambda sensor they said it could be the coolent sensor or the 1 that goes into air filer changed both of them still the same readings on co test any ideas or what it could be thx in advance

Cat shouldnt maje a difference on this year of model, mine has passed many MOT's with no CAT.

it hasnt got a cat on it but co level is over 8. just wanted to know what could cause that

check o2 sensor, it needs to be there even if you don't have a cat the eng management relies on it.

check for error codes you never know what might be stored.

Mo

If I'm reading right the O2 sensor feeds into the exhaust, when I got mine de catted they just tied it up and no light on the zorst.

If I'm reading right the O2 sensor feeds into the exhaust, when I got mine de catted they just tied it up and no light on the zorst.

er if a garage did that then they need to be shut down, it will have been the cat temp sensor they tied up.

The lambda sensor is located on the b-pipe/flexi neas the sub frame, and is held on by 2 bolts

the symptoms you are having is classic lambda failure

er if a garage did that then they need to be shut down, it will have been the cat temp sensor they tied up.

The lambda sensor is located on the b-pipe/flexi neas the sub frame, and is held on by 2 bolts

it hasnt got a cat its never had 1 taking it to another garage 2morow to be put on a diagnostics machine 2 c whats what

it hasnt got a cat its never had 1 taking it to another garage 2morow to be put on a diagnostics machine 2 c whats what

yeah not all of them have cats, but it sounds like lambda failure, no real diagnostics machine, its all simply done by codes by shorting 2 ports and reading the dash lights, you could do this yourself and save ££

I remember the guy at the garage was worried it was the lambda sensor when he fitted my exhaust, like I said I was only aware of one sensor that went into the exhaust and he just tied it up. I was worried I was gonna get a dash light!

find a new exhaust place ;) they were messing with stuff they dont know about.

the sensor they will have removed is the cat temp, if they had tied the lambda then its not a good idea

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links