Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member Saying Hello

Symposio

A quick hello to introduce myself here. I am the proud owner of a 1987 Toyota Mark II Grande. It was privately imported from Japan by it's previous owner (my Father-in-law) who owned the car when he worked there. It has done 109,000 km and is in pretty good condition with the odd patch of rust here and there. I have done some minor repairs to it in the short time I have owned it. The rain guttering around the boot was rusted through and there was a seven inch deep pool of rain water in the spare wheel well! there was a rust hole in the rear door frame and the boot lid is in pretty poor order. I have repaired all but the boot lid which I have only patched as it is worse than i first thought and am on the lookout for a replacement (fat chance!!!). It is the 2 litre straight six with an auto box which seems very nice and smooth aswell as reliable which is lucky as it is my daily driver!

If there are any other GX71 owners on the site I would love to hear from you. I have very little info on the car as the owners manual is all in Japanese! If anyone can point me in the right direction to get my hands on a copy of an English owners book I would be very grateful. I am hoping to do a few small and discreet modifications to the car, mainly in the shocks, brakes, wheels and perhaps a bit more power for the engine.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the forum, there seems to be tons of info for me to go searching through.

Cheers, Jon.

It worked!! Here are a few more showing the interior aswell. Not sure what exactly is 'Limited' about the car but those seats sure are comfy!

Toyota004.jpg

Toyota007.jpg

The cressida was the example I used when trying to get insurance quotes for it!! There are a few other cars similar to this. Things like the Chaser and Soarer are very close relatives which were all based off the same GX71 platform.

The Mark II is mainly found in Japan (obviously), Australia, New Zealand and North America where they have something of a following. There are several highly modified examples being used for drifting and drag races!! My mark II is destined for a more modest overhaul but I am interested in finding compatible parts from other Toyota models which might be helpful in the future when trying to find replacement bits.

On mine it is under the dash on the right hand side. Post a picture up of yours, I would love to see other peoples Mark II's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links