Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte/remus Sports Backbox

superjim42

hi all,

i just wanted to ask a question to the owners of the tte or remus backbox for the corolla t3 2005 facelift version...

could you please tell me what kind of sound the box delivers?

and also does it boost the performance of the car?

help will be much appreciated :)

p.s. i am looking to buy one of the two in the next few weeks so just wanted some last minute help.

thanks in advance!

I 've got one on my car, it gives a nice meaty roar and burble at tickover without being horribly loud.

Cant comment on performance as i fitted my Typhoon at the same time, cant see their much gain though as its only the back box.

I 've got one on my car, it gives a nice meaty roar and burble at tickover without being horribly loud.

Cant comment on performance as i fitted my Typhoon at the same time, cant see their much gain though as its only the back box.

oh great thanks! my corolla is too quite for me lol i need some sound! some head turning sound and you saying it has a meaty roar is just what i was wanting to hear! thanks again :D im def buying this!

hi what is the typhoon please

bridgy

hi what is the typhoon please

bridgy

Typhoon is a K&N Induction Kit. Dunno if they do it for your model.

Also, I dont have my TTE box yet but I get it on Saturday!! Will be fitted saturday afternoon and video uploaded Saturday evening. lol.

For now though, here's a bvideo that one of the other members made just after he installed it on his T Sport. :thumbsup:

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r152/SC...15062008034.flv

Typhoon is a K&N Induction Kit. Dunno if they do it for your model.

Also, I dont have my TTE box yet but I get it on Saturday!! Will be fitted saturday afternoon and video uploaded Saturday evening. lol.

For now though, here's a bvideo that one of the other members made just after he installed it on his T Sport. :thumbsup:

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r152/SC...15062008034.flv

OH YES THAT SOUNDED AWESOME! :D

Im getting mine in 2weeks time! and please do upload your video when you get your backbox and plz plz plz post on this topic that i created ok! :D

gem who is an cts owner on here or maybe ex cts owner as her car was up for sale, she had this exhaust plus an typhoon and got dynod at 201bhp, im sure she said the exhaust was just for sound so not sure if it will add and bhp if any :)

Mr T Salesman told me the exhaust added an extra 6bhp!! :lol:

Don't believe that for a second but it was on the car when i got it so can't comment as to wether or not it made a difference.

I'll let you know if I feel any difference.

189BHP standard, Add the Typhoon, 201 without the Backbox? Dunno.... that's a 12Hp increase just from Induction...

The K&N / A'Pexi and various others have been proven to add around 14Bhp but that's on high powered Turbo'd cars etc. Surely the backbox adds a few with the intake? But yea... I'll install it and upload a video. :P

hey where do you get the tte back box? lol

Iain, Mr T himself.

They have to order it from TTE. Or if you're lucky they pop up on Fleabay now and then. They usually come in at around £150 +VAT. Or just under, depends on how generous the parts person is ;)

Still up for a 4 hour drive soon??

I recently just changed my box to the twin tte exhaust, it is nice and quiet and it only roars at about 3000rpm or when you throttle it otherwise it is nice and quiet. Fitting is slightly different because the clamp is slightly bigger on the tte box than compared to that of the t3 clamps. It is a small fix however and any good exhaust place could ammend it and sort it out.

I would recommend it as it does roar when you throttle the car but it is very quiet when you start you'r engine and try to drive like a grandad.

The best bit is it does not sound like a !Removed! can!

I recently just changed my box to the twin tte exhaust, it is nice and quiet and it only roars at about 3000rpm or when you throttle it otherwise it is nice and quiet. Fitting is slightly different because the clamp is slightly bigger on the tte box than compared to that of the t3 clamps. It is a small fix however and any good exhaust place could ammend it and sort it out.

I would recommend it as it does roar when you throttle the car but it is very quiet when you start you'r engine and try to drive like a grandad.

The best bit is it does not sound like a !Removed! can!

LOL !Removed! can! im glad its not like that cos i see so many kitted up cars in my area and all i here is farts :lol: those usually tend to be the cheaper huge 5inch ones right?

im glad this TTE makes a nice roar thats what im after something not too loud but something to turn heads ;)

Iain, Mr T himself.

They have to order it from TTE. Or if you're lucky they pop up on Fleabay now and then. They usually come in at around £150 +VAT. Or just under, depends on how generous the parts person is ;)

£150??? are you serious? my parts person must have been in a bad mood cos he quoted me £237 :angry:

i think i should check out eBay aswell hopefully they have it for cheaper!

Iain, Mr T himself.

£150??? are you serious? my parts person must have been in a bad mood cos he quoted me £237 :angry:

i think i should check out eBay aswell hopefully they have it for cheaper!

I paid about £240 for mine, thats the normal dealer price, if you PM Parts King he maybe able to supply it cheaper. Then head down to ATS or similair and one of the lads will put it on for a tenner. :thumbsup:

I did actually mean to type £250. haha. Sorry about that :P

Hope I didn't get your hopes up and other people boiling after paying so much. :lol: Habbit of typing a 1!!!

As for takig it to a garage to be fitted, get under the car and do it yourself!!! it's only a few bolts and brackets. Changing backboxes is one of the easier jobs on a car. :P

I had one on my former E12 Facelift 1600 (2005) there,s no power increase but the sound is better with out the midsillencer B) . i removed my midsillencer than the sound was perfect B)

Iain, Mr T himself.

hi mate could you pm a link to tte plz . yip i am still up for a drive to see yous all lol

should be fun coz not much gd meetin in scotland lol

thanks

ian

Done Mate. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to get mine slapped on tomorrow!!! All twtitchy. :lol:

Iain, Mr T himself.

hi mate could you pm a link to tte plz . yip i am still up for a drive to see yous all lol

thanks

ian

Just incase Kearon has hit the wrong key and got the address wrong :oops: , here it is:

http://www.tte.de/cm_corolla_E12_Facelift.htm

:P :lol: ;)

Iain, Mr T himself.

thanks

ian

Just incase Kearon has hit the wrong key and got the address wrong :oops: , here it is:

:lol: Don't make me come over there and...and..and... Steal your TTE box to give it to Iain!!! :P

Iain, Mr T himself.

thanks

ian

:lol: Don't make me come over there and...and..and... Steal your TTE box to give it to Iain!!! :P

:ph34r: I'll nick your wheels if you do :ph34r:

:lol::thumbsup:

o.o;

Pah.... Erm.....That wouldn't be good as I don't even have the originals anymore!! :lol:

(Crys at thought of car on Bricks)

Done Mate. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to get mine slapped on tomorrow!!! All twtitchy. :lol:

good for you dude. as soon as you have it installed get your phone out and video the exhaust in action...drools!

:P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links