Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot At A 'strange Dealer'

rickers

HI Guys;

A word of warning here. Duer to my dad having had an accident - Somebody drove into him - and our insurers 'approved' garage we found ourselves at a FORD dealership :( .

Any way as the car was bought on the 1st of September, the MOT was running out, something we totally forgot because of the accident.

Toyota dealer full till after first of September. So asked 'approved Garage' if they could do MOT to get certificate before September so we could get roadtax. they said no problem. When push cam to shove however they could not do it because the Prius is emissions exempt, and they did not know how to get around this as they did not have the paperwork telling them how too, despite 'approved ' garage talking to local Toyota dealer. Not impressed with 'approved' garage as now we have to wait till damage is repaired ( it was scuffing only, so would have passed MOT with damage, before you ask) before they can do MOT, which will be after 1st of September, so that car strictly speaking should be declared SORN, but DVLA website is not clear on this as you should only declare SORN in a number of cases that don't apply to us.

Anyway, what i would like to say, if you do use a non Toyota dealer, CHECK first if they are aware that a Prius is exempt fro the Emissions test. The notices for this are under the special notices in the DVLA website one isn 02-2002 and another in 04-2008 (if i remember correctly).

Rant over.

rick

Warning, road tax is now all issued/monitored by computer. If you have not renewed or declared SORN by the renewal date the computer will automatically send you out a fine for not having road tax. Make sure you check with DVLA about the automatic fine being sent out.

They may also send someone to the last known tax address to see if the car is on the road. If it is they can clamp and then remove the vehicle. A neighbour had this done last week.

Thanks fo the warning Herts.

i did speak to DVLA this morning, and they told me there is a 2 week grace period, as lkong as the car is not on the road, or is travelling to a BOOKED MOT appointment. So we should be OK. just inconvenienced.

r

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links