Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Seized

zab

Hi Guys. Sort of new to this toyota club.

I have a 2002 1.4 vvti corolla with a seized engine. I have replaced the engine with a second hand one but the car still does not start. I have been told that this is due to when the Battery was jumped casuing the ECU to mess up.

I have fitted a second hand ECU with a new lock barrel and new keys but still does not start. The engine sounds like its about to start but still doesnt.

I have now been told that the ECU will need reprograming? Is this true?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As said above. What about your starter. Is it a new one with the replacement engine?

• 2 weeks later...
As said above. What about your starter. Is it a new one with the replacement engine?

Hi guys thanx for your replies.

The starter is off the old engine and when i got the second hand ecu with lock barrel and immobiliser box i was there was no need to re programme anything. Still no start.

I have now been told there is no supply coming from the ECU but the crank is fine. Could there be a wiring problem when the engine was replaced?

Jump starting Battery would not mess ECU up, nor will ECU/ECM on this car 'clear/mess up' if Battery is left off for long time but - ECU could scramble IF IT IS removed from car/completely from 'circuit'!

Do you have any codes/is MIL light showing on (I presume you have actual Battery power).

Jump starting Battery would not mess ECU up, nor will ECU/ECM on this car 'clear/mess up' if battery is left off for long time but - ECU could scramble IF IT IS removed from car/completely from 'circuit'!

Do you have any codes/is MIL light showing on (I presume you have actual battery power).

I have now been that the the speed pulse circuit has gone on the ECU. All lights go off as normal when your about to start the car.

Does anyone know of any good ECU testers in the London area or ppl who can fix this problem.

It has already cost me in excess of £700.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Im still having the same problem. it just aint starting. Does anyone no if there is an fuel cut off switch on these cars? i dont reallt want to take it to main dealer just yet as they prices are too expensive for me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links