Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Underside Plastic Protector For Roadster

paulsutt

Hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a replacement underside plastic protector that protects the underside of engine bay?..not sure what its called?! i think this comes in two parts. The rear part has been badly damaged and has now been torn from bolts so is unrepairable.

Thanks

Paul

It's called a nappy. Mine has lost one of it's bolts and I'm planning on repairing it with a cable tie once it's dry :lol::rolleyes:

I know a lot of Roadster owners just remove it completely, and if the cable tie doesn't work, I think I'll be doing the same.

I'm sure I've seen alternatives to the black plastic somewhere, but can't remember where :huh: .

I believe the UK Roadster is the only one to have it, so I'm pretty sure it's not essential.

It will keep the engine bay cleaner and cooler and protects against things like the salting of roads in the winter though.

I've now cabled tied where my missing bolt was, and it's fine.

I believe the UK Roadster is the only one to have it, so I'm pretty sure it's not essential.

It will keep the engine bay cleaner and cooler and protects against things like the salting of roads in the winter though.

I've now cabled tied where my missing bolt was, and it's fine.

I suppose I best make an effort to try keep it, cos god knows I don't want any preventable damage to my car!

Hi folks,

I've also had this problem with my imported mkIII mr-s. The passenger side nappy was ripped from one of the bolts and hung on for dear life for a while. I did exactly as said above and cable tied the plastic to the car (there are some convenient holes for cable ties to go :lol: ). However a speed bump managed to rip it off again so i've just taken it off without any problems. Will def consider a new one for the winter, but if you get one from MrT then you're looking at paying £65 for a piece of plastic :censor:

Anyway, thought i'd add my 2 cents.

Ross

Keep a lookout on the private sales section's on Mr2Roc.org & Spyderchat.com.

They usually come up for sale from time to time.

Hi

There is one for sale on Ebay at present, although I think the engine behaves better without it - Just jet wash the crud off during the winter

Xyred

What do you mean it behaves better? :huh:

I would have thought the car would be slightly slower without the 'Underside Plastic Protector'. The Plastic Protector helps to improve aerodynamics under the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links