Do Not Sell My Personal Information

**4.3 Owners Poll**

anchorman

This is for 2006 models onwards  

43 members have voted

1. 1. I own one of these vehicles (this allows us to see the sample size so please tick this box if you own a 4.3

• 2.0 VVTi manual or auto
    • 2.2 D4D
    • T180 2.2 D4D
  2. 2. How do your rate your vehicle and equipment - would you recommend one to a new owner? (please select ONE of the fiirst 9 choices then any applicable of the remainder)

• 2.0 VVTi - Awful - wish I'd never seen it
    • 2.0 VVTi - Its OK - gets me from A to B
    • 2.0 VVTi - Brilliant - I strongly recommend it
    • 2.2 D4D - Awful - wish I'd never seen it
    • 2.2 D4D - Its OK - gets me from A to B
    • 2.2 D4D - Brilliant - I strongly recommend it
    • T180 2.2 D4D - Awful - wish I'd never seen it
    • T180 2.2 D4D - Its OK - gets me from A to B
    • T180 2.2 D4D - Brilliant - I strongly recommend it
    • Run flat tyres would stop me buying a RAV
    • I have no strong feelings about run flat tyres - they're OK
    • I think run flat tyres are a superb concept and I am very pleased to have them on my RAV
    • I want a diesel automatic!
    • I prefer to carry a spare wheel on the rear door
    • I prefer the look of the "clear" rear door and am happy with a repair kit
    • I think Honda CRVs suck
    • I think Honda CRVs still suck
  3. 3. I have had an issue with one or more of the following known or general problems (please tick as many boxes as applicable) NOTE; PLEASE CHECK ALL THE OPTIONS AS SOME ARE SPECIFIC TO PETROL OR DIESEL

• VVTi Auto transmission
    • VVTi Manual transmission
    • VVTi Clutch
    • VVTi Engine management (including engine warning light) or emission systems, oxygen sensor or fuel problems
    • VVTi Water pump, drive belt/tensioners or other engine issue
    • VVTi Battery or starter problems
    • D4D Transmission
    • D4D DMF (dual mass flywheel)
    • D4D Turbo or associated equipment (pressure sensor or VSV)
    • D4D Timing belt tensioners, water pump or other engine equipment
    • D4D Fuel injection (SCV valve, complete pump, rail, injectors) or other fuel problem
    • D4D Battery or starter problems
    • General stability, traction or ABS problems
    • General brake problems
    • General electrical problems
    • General suspension and steering
    • General paint (poor match, easily marked etc)
    • General body (water leaks corrosion etc)
    • General misc (interior, ICE, alarm/immobiliser or anything else not above)
    • No issues - it has been trouble free

Just as a matter of interest lets look at the 4.3s.

Please select which model you have and then tick as many of the issues that you have had any issues with.

If you wish you can add a post to detail what issues you have had.

I have changed the categories slightly to reflect the differences between the 4.2s and the 4.3s and the fact that some of the questions apply to your thoughts about a new vehicle - I hope everyone is OK with that!!??? I can add three more questions to this category if anyone thinks it would be interesting to know - speak up!

:unsure: Question 2, I'm guessing even though the question says pick one answer, we are treating it has multiple choice because there are 8 answers to it from the three owners who have already taken the survey, at this point in time :unsure:

:unsure: Question 2, I'm guessing even though the question says pick one answer, we are treating it has multiple choice because there are 8 answers to it from the three owners who have already taken the survey, at this point in time :unsure:

Yes Fuj'. It should say "ONE of the first 9 then any applicable". I pasted it from the 4.2 survey but will amend.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Regards

I've done it. On the RFT issue, I voted 'I have no strong feelings about run flat tyres - they're OK', which is true, but do not like the Toyota implementation of it, ie the support ring system.

Lo all...

I believe that it's not possible to have Interesting in the same sentance as the :sick: ugly :sick: one... so I think Him above needs a visit from you know who :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: and be punished and he needs to change the entry Interesting to Appropriate.... think this word would be more suitable in his statement regarding the h-h-hhh-o-nnnn eh I give up... you know what heap of car I mean... ;)

Anywho... Im :offtopic: .... right back on now... :)

I went for the 2.0vvti is ok gets me from A to B.... might be a bit harsh on it but I cant say its superduper great as the fuel consumption is high... and it does lack power... but its good in the way that it gets me to A and B with no problems.... :rolleyes:

As for niggles I went for the paint :angry: as it does scratch easily and also would have commented on the good ole mirror rattle issue which now thanks to MR T has been resolved...

Regards

Rob

B)

:ph34r:

Cheers Fuj

Its interesting that most seem happy so far with their 4.3.

Opinion seems to be fairly emotive on RFTs with potential owners being put off the flag ship model by them. It would also seem that the puncture repair kits are not top of the pops.

Its a pity Toyota didn't survey people before taking these steps.

I think a 4.3 owner said that he'd had a DMF to try to resolve rough gear changing. If this isn't the case and the person that selected DMF as an issue sees this I wonder if they would mind commenting further?

Regards

I marked my 4.3 XT5 D4D as ok, in reality it's better than that although certainly not brilliant. Overall i'd have to say that my first 4.2 petrol, and to a lesser extent, my 4.2 D4D were better cars. They had a better handling-ride compromise, better space utilisation and (to my eyes) slightly better styling. The 4.3 is a decent car but not a great step forward compared to its predecessor.

Cheers Fuj

Opinion seems to be fairly emotive on RFTs with potential owners being put off the flag ship model by them. It would also seem that the puncture repair kits are not top of the pops.

I think a 4.3 owner said that he'd had a DMF to try to resolve rough gear changing. If this isn't the case and the person that selected DMF as an issue sees this I wonder if they would mind commenting further?

Regards

yes THE COMPLETE NUMPTY WHO SELECTED THE DMF BUTTON, PROBABLY THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A RAV POLL, AND I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF HE HAS OWNED ALL THREE RAVS, AND THIS IS THE ONLY ISSUE HE HAS EVER HAD, SO IF YOU FIND OUT WHO IT WAS SHERLOCK ANCHS, I WOULD GIVE HIM A GOOD TELLING OFF, IF I WERE YOU!! OBVIOUSLY HE OR SHE HAS GOT A WISHBONE, WHERE HIS OR HER BRAIN SHOULD BE, :oops:

Cheers Fuj

Regards

yes THE COMPLETE NUMPTY WHO SELECTED THE DMF BUTTON, PROBABLY THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A RAV POLL, AND I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF HE HAS OWNED ALL THREE RAVS, AND THIS IS THE ONLY ISSUE HE HAS EVER HAD, SO IF YOU FIND OUT WHO IT WAS SHERLOCK ANCHS, I WOULD GIVE HIM A GOOD TELLING OFF, IF I WERE YOU!! OBVIOUSLY HE OR SHE HAS GOT A WISHBONE, WHERE HIS OR HER BRAIN SHOULD BE, :oops:

I see.

Well if I were to find out who this numpty was and took sympathy on him or her I couldn't even help out by editing that entry so just in case he did do it by accident before rushing out to pick up a fare, if that was the kind of thing he and probably not a she would possibly rush out and do then perhaps we could disregard that entry??

Still, I think it would take quite a nice guy with a conscience and a good amount of nobility to admit to doing such a daft trick and I would hope if ever you did such a silly thing that you would take a leaf out of his book.

Did somebody mention leaves??? :(

I marked my 4.3 XT5 D4D as ok, in reality it's better than that although certainly not brilliant. Overall i'd have to say that my first 4.2 petrol, and to a lesser extent, my 4.2 D4D were better cars. They had a better handling-ride compromise, better space utilisation and (to my eyes) slightly better styling. The 4.3 is a decent car but not a great step forward compared to its predecessor.

I agree. I think the 4.2 is a nicer looking and proportioned car. I was going to buy a nearly new 4.2 when I took a test drive in a 4.3 and that was all it took to change my mind.

I did ponder on the OK or brilliant choice myself but having considered it for a while I guess the fact that I really enjoy driving it warranted the "brilliant" verdict.

For me the nicest looking RAV of all is a 4.2 3 door.

Cheers

Cheers

Totally agree Anchs, theres a black 3 door 4.2 knocking around Manchester it has twin exhausts and some very shiny 18"(i guess) wheels and it is stunning.. :drool::drool: But better not let Bothy know we like 3 door Ravs, :thumbsup:

Cheers

Totally agree Anchs, theres a black 3 door 4.2 knocking around Manchester it has twin exhausts and some very shiny 18"(i guess) wheels and it is stunning.. :drool::drool: But better not let Bothy know we like 3 door Ravs, :thumbsup:

It would be no good to bothy unless it could tear free from the earths gravitational pull!

• 1 month later...

I laughed my heart out reading the questions involving the CRV!:):):)

Great poll. Many are happy with their D4D, and most of us want an automatic diesel!