Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Leakage Problem

hildan

HI, I bought a 2007 aygo last weekend then joined this forum and was very worried to see a lot of people having problems with water leakage, I contacted my dealer a day before I was due to pick up my new car and he had never heard of this problem in his dealership (Sunderland) and assured me my car was bone dry as he checked for me ( I suffer from severe asthma and damp brings it on).

I picked up my car yesterday and drove it home and loved the drive, on reaching home I checked everything out as you do and the carpet in the boot underneath was absolutely soaking wet I mean dripping, I was furious. I called the dealership immediately and told them I was rejecting the car and wanted my old yaris and my £3ooo back. They were stunned when I took it back and couldnt believe how much water was in the boot (he didnt look in the boot apparently) anyway the outcome was they took the car back and gave me an 57 reg yaris instead at no extra cost, saving me another £1000 and they couldnt apologize enough, from now on I'll stick with Yaris and wait a few years until the aygo situation is sorted.

By the way the law states that anybody can do what I did and refuse the car or a repair and demand any deposit or trade in back because toyota are aware of this problem and shouldnt be selling cars with faults I hope this helps anybody having problems at the moment, stop using the car immediately and quote the 1979 sale of goods act at them

Was it fitted with reversing sensors? Mine was and leaked into the boot (then back carpets). Apparently any extras are fitted at port of entry and the wiring had been wrongly routed and a rubber seal missed off. I guess the moral of the story is leave building the cars to the eastern europeans!

Was it fitted with reversing sensors? Mine was and leaked into the boot (then back carpets). Apparently any extras are fitted at port of entry and the wiring had been wrongly routed and a rubber seal missed off. I guess the moral of the story is leave building the cars to the eastern europeans!

No it wasn't fitted with rear sensors, it had no extras at all. Toyota really need to sort this out or it is going to ruin there reputation, if everyone with a faulty car takes it back and refuses a repair and demands a refund which you are legally entitled to they make start to do something about resolving this problem once and for all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links