Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Landcruiser Ipod Integration - Which Kit?

HiluxNath

Hi there, I have a 2006 Landcruiser Amazon, it has the built in DVD sat nav with touchscreen, the car I had previously I had an aftermarket stereo with touchscreen browsing through the ipod on artist / album which I loved, I could also play video through the head unit, I am looking for the same features, can anyone advise me what the best solution is

thanks in advance!!

Hi there, I have a 2006 Landcruiser amazon, it has the built in DVD sat nav with touchscreen, the car I had previously I had an aftermarket stereo with touchscreen browsing through the ipod on artist / album which I loved, I could also play video through the head unit, I am looking for the same features, can anyone advise me what the best solution is

thanks in advance!!

Ok.... I'm no expert and I have a Prius, but here's some information you may be interested in:

I picked up my new Prius on 1st Sept and it has the DVD sat nav system built in with the JBL stereo. The stereo can play MP3 and WMA files from CD and can read the foldser name and file name for display on the screen.

I mention this in case there is a similiarity between this and your set-up.

The dealership didn't know much about the iPod integration kit, but told me it displayed the track name on the screen. It doesn't. It gives you numbers 1 to 6, which correspond to 6 playlists on your iPod. Which 6 is unclear, as some how you can scroll on to the next 6 playlists, which are also numbered 1 - 6. No other track information is available on the screen other than these numbers. You CAN control the sound levels and move tracks and playlists forward and backward, but yopu get no indication of what you are doing on the screen.

Reading the users manual, it seems like it is designed for the standard headsets that have the fluorescent line of dot-matrix text between the volume and tuner knobs.

The dealership are removing it from my car next week and giving me a refund. Shame about the hole in the glove box.

Hi there, I have a 2006 Landcruiser amazon, it has the built in DVD sat nav with touchscreen, the car I had previously I had an aftermarket stereo with touchscreen browsing through the ipod on artist / album which I loved, I could also play video through the head unit, I am looking for the same features, can anyone advise me what the best solution is

thanks in advance!!

Ok.... I'm no expert and I have a Prius, but here's some information you may be interested in:

I picked up my new Prius on 1st Sept and it has the DVD sat nav system built in with the JBL stereo. The stereo can play MP3 and WMA files from CD and can read the foldser name and file name for display on the screen.

I mention this in case there is a similiarity between this and your set-up.

The dealership didn't know much about the iPod integration kit, but told me it displayed the track name on the screen. It doesn't. It gives you numbers 1 to 6, which correspond to 6 playlists on your iPod. Which 6 is unclear, as some how you can scroll on to the next 6 playlists, which are also numbered 1 - 6. No other track information is available on the screen other than these numbers. You CAN control the sound levels and move tracks and playlists forward and backward, but yopu get no indication of what you are doing on the screen.

Reading the users manual, it seems like it is designed for the standard headsets that have the fluorescent line of dot-matrix text between the volume and tuner knobs.

The dealership are removing it from my car next week and giving me a refund. Shame about the hole in the glove box.

Well, I went to my local Toyota dealership last week and I enquired about the ipod connection kit, I was met with blank faces, apart from one guy who had the kit in an Avensis, and I asked if you controlled it through the touch screen interface, and he said no, he said the ipod acted like a cd changer with 6 playlists. Now why would I want my 80GB ipod to be treated like a cd auto changer when I have one of them in the car anyway??? I think the Toyota tech guys need some help with ICE , my old car was a Hilux, to this I fitted a clarion navigation system, it had a 7" touch screen which I could access artists, playlists, albums everything I can on my ipod itself, along with this I could watch video through it. If they cannot give us a suitable connection / management solution then fit standard stereo components so its easier to change things, as it stands if I remove the stereo I think I will loose all the navigation, trip info etc etc.......

thanks

One of the reasons I bought an LC4 rather than an LC5!

I figure that as I'm planning to keep my LC for 10 years or more, I may want to upgrade the stereo/sat nav at some point in its life, and the LC4 doesn't mix the aircon etc controls onto the same touchscreen.

• 2 weeks later...

When I got my 2007 Hilux, the dealer said that an iPod integration kit was imminent.................... it was on everythingexcept mine !

No CD input on the rear of the unit.

I ended up putting a Kenwood 5220BT which now does everything - Nav, bluetooth, iPod, DVD, Radio - excellent unit.

Toyota really need to think more in the sales support - every other manufacturer suports MP3/iPods, why not them ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links