Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Did You Get Your Induction Kit?

weevicky

Makes and models would be greatly appreciated. The only one that I have came across is the peogeot one but I see many around but dunno where to get one :) Typical female :D

Building my own :P

Will post a parts list when finished.

Basically a couple of Silicone hoses, some Jubilee Clips, a couple of metal joiners and a cone air filter and a home made bracket.

Doesn't induction kit make small engine cars lose power due to heat soak? It may improve top end a little but really badly affect bottom end. Waste of money imho.

Blimey seems like ages since I was last on the forum.

You will have to make one Vicky. K&N are currently developing a 57i kit, but it will be too much money. I made one for my Aygo from parts I had left over in the garage.

An induction kit will give a slight increase in torque and better top end pull from 4,000rpm, which you notice on long motorway hills. Fuel economy is not effected when driving normally, but because of an increase in induction howl you tend to drive with a heavy right foot. It is very addictive :D. Bottom end is not effected.

If you need any information on what parts you will need, and when to buy them let me know. There are various pictures on this sight if you do a search.

TIM!! :hug::nono:

am gonna be a bore and say dont forget it would invalidate your warrenty on your engine vicky, why i havent done it.

SJx

You can easily make your own induction kit.

Buy the following items:

- 1 piece - (K&N) universal airfilter

- 2 pieces - silicon elbow 90 degree 2.5" / 63mm

- 2 pieces - aluminium pipe 2.5" / 63mm 150mm length (or cut a larger pipe into two pieces)

- 1 piece - breather filter 18mm

- 5 pieces - hoseclips 65-80mm

Here is a picture of my custom made induction kit.

I still have to make a cover for the original airbox.

InductieKit01.jpg

On a side note: If you've got A/C the above setup might foul with

the AC-lines that run where the filter and piping is located in this pic...

TIM!! :hug::nono:

am gonna be a bore and say dont forget it would invalidate your warrenty on your engine vicky, why i havent done it.

SJx

Sorry :unsure: Slapped wrist for me. You can refit your airbox in about 5 mins for servicing/ warranty work though.

Not that I can condone this behavior of course ;)

Thanks REFZ for posting up what's required for an induction kit however i think i'll just wait for the K&N item to be completed as i'd prefer fitting something that has everything you need in one box rather than sourcing all the other bits from here, there and everywhere...

Then again my personal opinion of course - and Scott from K&N says the induction kit out right now is only available for cars with ESP fitted (in other words cars that have electronic throttle bodies) however for cars, like mine, which doesn't have ESP fitted a kit will be released soon he said to me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links