Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strong Exhaust Fumes Inside Car

annabanana

hi,

The search function on this forum is next to useless.When I insert " exhaust fumes inside cabin'',it tells me

that im using too many three letter words?!?!

Anyway, has anybody else had this problem where there is a strong smell of fumes in the car.

cheers annabanana

hi,

The search function on this forum is next to useless.When I insert " exhaust fumes inside cabin'',it tells me

that im using too many three letter words?!?!

Anyway, has anybody else had this problem where there is a strong smell of fumes in the car.

cheers annabanana

I think the problem lies with with the leading space in " exhaust fumes inside cabin" - try searching without it. I've had a similar problem with my previous car and the problem was a leak in the exhaust system near the front end.

As suggested by LOOM check your engine bay for exhaust leaks, maybe small exhaust leaks aroung gaskets, also make sure your engine breather pipes are in good order ie: not perished or adrift. Also check your air intake area to heater motor, maybe glogged with debri from over the years. Good luck.

Go easy on the useless forum bit, you have a lot of people on here who know Toyotas inside out & somebody will nearly allways come up with a remedy.

As suggested by LOOM check your engine bay for exhaust leaks, maybe small exhaust leaks aroung gaskets, also make sure your engine breather pipes are in good order ie: not perished or adrift. Also check your air intake area to heater motor, maybe glogged with debri from over the years. Good luck.

Go easy on the useless forum bit, you have a lot of people on here who know Toyotas inside out & somebody will nearly allways come up with a remedy.

Ta for that advice Beagh and Loom,Ill check that stuff in the morning.Regarding my comments about the forum search facility,I'm not slagging off peoples advice,just the facility itself....no matter what you put in, it comes up with stuff totally unrelated to the subject.I think the forums great!!!

cheers,

annabanana

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links