Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Uses For Old Car Parts.

flexy7

We often have old car parts lying around, not wanting to throw them out incase they "Come in useful".I thought this would be an interesting & hopefully at times amusing thread. My main picture is a bit LAME :yes: ,but I'm hoping some of you lot may have some good stuff.I am making a workshop table out of an expensive but damaged Alloy wheel (I scrounged off a neighbour)

15-9-08004small.jpg

,I'm making a garden storage chest out of two Citroen DS wings I got off eBay

Here's the before pic:

DSwingssmall.jpgResults pending.

, I have a WheelBarrow made mainly out of Motorcycle & old sidecar parts (But that's drifting off the topic abit.!) I've made lots of new things with old things but I particularly wanna see what you've done with your old car parts,pref Toyota but not vital.

I've taken just a quick picture to get the ball rolling ,but I will post more interesting/funny ones as I come across or create them.

:thumbsup:

CarinaEwaterfeature.jpg

CarinaE Boot liner Water Feature.

Would look better if there was a Waterfall effect trickling down ? :lol2:

:goof::lol:

Maybe the Ford Focus advert will give you some ideas...

Yeah that type of thing :clap: & I'd like to see even more extreme stuff. But basic (& even LAME like mine!) will do. :lol: Pity it's Ford stuff & the people seem so pretentious/smug. :yucky:

I've got a 5E-FHE crankshaft that's employed as a doorstop .

How much do you pay it?

:lol:

I had a complete (ish) 88 model of my Corolla getting more & more rusty & an eyesore on my front driveway.

As soon as i sent it to the Scrappies, I needed bits off it. :ffs: If you start taking off the parts you MIGHT need, where do you stop ? I can just about manouver my present one into the garage, round lawn mowers , etc, as it is. :(

Is it modified to look more aesthetic or rough & ready ? (Post a pic) I've got a HUGE piston (new) out of a Perkins engine, as a pen/pencil holder!

Perkinspiston.jpg

Is it modified to look more aesthetic or rough & ready ? (Post a pic) I've got a HUGE piston (new) out of a Perkins engine, as a pen/pencil holder!

I also have an AUDI 100cs headlight glass as a Pot Pourri Dish :lol: ,& a LAVERDA Triple CamShaft cover as a nic-nac dish. I keep remembering/seeing more things, didn't realise I'd recycled so many car parts to a non-car usage. :o Will post pics if requested

Here's the wheel & "stand/heavy duty hydraulic stool (The top has "gone wonky"so of no real use)" I'm mounting it on for one of my workshops, It's still in the planning stage.

:artist:

Wheeltablesmall.jpg

You might just be able to make out my Motorcyle/Sidecar/WHEELBARROW in the background ?

Here is the kids TOY (Cars) BOX, I salvaged it from an old Camry V6 Estate I had, It's original use was to rotate out from under the third row of rear facing seat, had tools & bits & bobs in. ?(BTW-The spare wheel was stored in a side compartment)

CAMRY-ESTATEBIT.jpg

15-9-08CamryTOYBOX001.jpg

My mate has a old 20" alloy wheel from a jag mounted to his garage wall with the hose pipe wrapped around it. looks cool B)

I have a cleaned up piston and con rod as table ornaments out of my old supra engine.....

The Mrs keeps on trying to move them out of sight!!! :(

I have a cleaned up piston and con rod as table ornaments out of my old supra engine.....

You need to find a use for the items before you "introduce" them. That way you have something tangible to justify their "introduction" alongside the PotPourri, candles,photos etc....

You need to find a use for the items before you "introduce" them. That way you have something tangible to justify their "introduction" alongside the PotPourri, candles,photos etc....

Here's my "Piston Pen/Pencil holder" from earlier, :clap: I've mocked it up with some flowers to give you an idea of how to get it pass "wife inspection" :naughty: ,could work ? :g:

16-9-08flowerpiston.jpg

I originally introduced them as "paper weights"

For future reference this did not apear to be a "valid" use.

I also have the Cranksheft from the same engine (still in the garage, but there has got to be some kind of good use for it!?) and the cylinder block from an IS200 (Coffee table?) I also have all the rods and cylinders from that... but they are ugly... not like the supra one, or the one in your pic....

I also have the Cranksheft from the same engine (still in the garage, but there has got to be some kind of good use for it!?) and the cylinder block from an IS200 (Coffee table?) I also have all the rods and cylinders from that... but they are ugly... not like the supra one, or the one in your pic....

"Paper Weights"! A rookie mistake :( You'll have to be more creative. :yes: Right,the ConRods are quite easy, :yes: If you're a little handy in the workshop you could fabricate some kinda Ceiling Clothes Dryer,Big end bolted together you'd have three rails. :thumbsup:

Airer.jpg

They could also be used as Door Handles or Cupboard/Drawer handles. Over Radiator towel rail is a good one as you can put an attractive piece of dowelling in the small end & fix it to the wall through the holes in {the rod end of} the big end.

90.jpg

group-db68d5b7-8189-409b-9ae9-c2441f2e27a1-350.jpg

As for the cylinders & cylinder block...... You'll have to put more effort in, My first instinct is to mount them on a quality hard wood base,paint them to match decor (Or white goods) :artist: & use them as......

Utensil holders

AAAAAgNk0aIAAAAAADNWIQ.jpg

Umbrella stand

Cylinderstand.jpg

......I will report back to you if I come up with anything more creative. :nerd:

I also have all the rods ... but they are ugly...

Here's The "Rod Rail"(Sorry it's a bit rough, but it gives the basic idea :laughing:)

towelrailconrod.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links