Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Friend Put Jump Leads On Wrong Terminals

gottroubles

:angry: Can anyone tell me what damage my pal has done to my lucy?

Battery went flat after lights were left on, My friend came to my

Aid??? while I was sitting in the Lucy He connected the cables

All was fine, Then he started his car and all the dash lights went

out and the jump leads started smoking, took the jump leads of Fast

but now have no lights on dashboard and I fear the worse??

could my dear lucy be heading to the metal cruncher?? OR

Can She Be Saved???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thenk You

Colin

I'd have thought that there'd be some sort of protection to prevent things like this happening. You may be lucky and it's just a fuse gone

Ha.....this one has come early this year.....we usually see this about January when a cold snap arrives :rolleyes:

It will have blown a main fuse. Be ready for a shock, they are expensive. PM me the chassis number AND model code and I will price it for you, they range from £29 to £45 PLUS VAT :yes: :yes: :yes: There are two fuse holders, one low down on the left front wing and another somewhere near the centre of the bulkhead. It will be 80 or 100 amps (I think)

Bet you wont do that again :no:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ha.....this one has come early this year.....we usually see this about January when a cold snap arrives :rolleyes:

It will have blown a main fuse. Be ready for a shock, they are expensive. PM me the chassis number AND model code and I will price it for you, they range from £29 to £45 PLUS VAT :yes: :yes: :yes: There are two fuse holders, one low down on the left front wing and another somewhere near the centre of the bulkhead. It will be 80 or 100 amps (I think)

I too think that its the fusible link, It is located on the bulkead I have a spare one, yours for a fiver plus postage

Pretty sure it's the right one

Regards

Ian

I too think that its the fusible link, It is located on the bulkead I have a spare one, yours for a fiver plus postage

Pretty sure it's the right one

Regards

Ian

the Fusebox is located above the Battery on the bulkhead? if you will send me you contact details we migh be able to sort it out.

cheers

colin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links