Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weird "rubbing" Noise When Driving At Low Speeds.

GazChap

My T-sport makes a weird "rubbing" or "creaking" noise (for want of a better word) that lasts for about half a second. It only does it at low speeds, usually when pulling away and occasionally when turning a corner, again at low speed.

Is this something I should be concerned with? It sounds like it's coming from the front, but I'm not sure.

My T-sport makes a weird "rubbing" or "creaking" noise (for want of a better word) that lasts for about half a second. It only does it at low speeds, usually when pulling away and occasionally when turning a corner, again at low speed.

Is this something I should be concerned with? It sounds like it's coming from the front, but I'm not sure.

Can you be more specific with the area of noise? nothing to do with the front discs/pads? if they are new, they will rubb until they settle in

No, stock wheels (17" T-sport alloys with 205/45/R17 tyres). The rubbing sound seems to come from the front but it's hard to tell. No new brake systems installed.

I have to admitt im like you, i hate "noises" from the car, and when you drive it all the time, you notice these noises even if a passenger cant hear them!!

Best thing is to leave it for now, esp if its only occasionally, and if its a problem it will manifest itself in time and you will know exactly whats wrong, instead of guessing just now mate.

(example, i had "noise" "creak" from my st205, and i was annoyed thinking it was fig 8 link and lower control arm, i left it for a bit, and now its obvious, and it turned out to be a cv joint)

It sounds like a CV joint. I had the same problem. If the joint inside is becoming worn you won;'t be able to see it, but the problem I had was the CV boot split and the grease came out. It might be worth just having a look underneath at your CV joints and seeing if the boot has bee damaged?? Lack of grease obviously causes the joint to be un-lubricated. Just an idea!

What do the CV joints do? Where are they and what do they look like? What would happen if the CV joints failed? Catastrophic damage, or something relatively minor?

Don't know much about cars!

Oh, I have a 12 month warranty on the car with 10 months remaining. Would a CV joint issue be covered by that warranty or would it be included in "wear and tear"?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links