Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toad Ai606 Into Hilux Surf

rambling angler

I have just bought a 94 3.0 td hilux surf, the insurance company are hassling me to get a cat 1 alarm fitted, I've bought one but now can't find anyone to fit it & I'm running out of time (8 days to go), does anyone have any easy to follow instructions to fit a toad ai606 into my surf please, or maybe you know of someone in my area that can fit it, I have some beer tokens & can assist with the installation.

Many thanks

Ian

After much messing about I have the alarm & immobiliser wired up, the only thing stopping me now is the central locking wires, does anyone know what wires go where, there are 6 wires but as far as I can tell you only need to use 4 of them, I've found old connectors where an alarm was fitted but without wiring diagrams etc I don't know where they connect, I would like the central locking to work with the alarm fob instead of having to operate the alarm & central locking seperately.

The 6 wires are from the Toad Ai606 alarm are: Blue/yellow Grey/yellow Red/black Red/yellow Blue/red Grey/red

The central locking wires are: Lt green/red Red/white Red Blue Blue/white White/black Red/Blue Green/red Blue/yellow Blue/white Red/yellow

If anyone has a toad Ai606 fitted to there hilux surf would you mind looking to see what wires go where please, I'm tearing what little hair I have out, the central locking control box is above the accelerator pedal.

Many thanks

Ian

After much messing about I have the alarm & immobiliser wired up, the only thing stopping me now is the central locking wires, does anyone know what wires go where, there are 6 wires but as far as I can tell you only need to use 4 of them, I've found old connectors where an alarm was fitted but without wiring diagrams etc I don't know where they connect, I would like the central locking to work with the alarm fob instead of having to operate the alarm & central locking seperately.

The 6 wires are from the Toad Ai606 alarm are: Blue/yellow Grey/yellow Red/black Red/yellow Blue/red Grey/red

The central locking wires are: Lt green/red Red/white Red Blue Blue/white White/black Red/Blue Green/red Blue/yellow Blue/white Red/yellow

If anyone has a toad Ai606 fitted to there hilux surf would you mind looking to see what wires go where please, I'm tearing what little hair I have out, the central locking control box is above the accelerator pedal.

Many thanks

Ian

Lock is red/white stripe, unlock is red/yellow stripe.

Don't know what colour wires from the Toad you connect to them though, but the Surf is negative switching if that helps.

I wish I had looked here last night :rolleyes: I have the instructions but didn't know which trigger locking system but as said it's negative, I had the lock & unlock wire colours it was just trying to figure out which system, I finally decided to work my way through the 6 options & the second one worked so Blue/yellow & Grey/yellow are not used, Red/black & Red/yellow go to earth, Grey/red goes to Red/white on cetral locking control & Blue/red goes to the Red/yellow on the central locking control, hopefully this will help someone else who decides to do it themselves.

It's all done & working perfectly now & all joints have been soldered so I'm hoping there will be no faults appearing in the near future.

Cheers

Ian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links