Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New "little Brother" In The Family

St Thicket

Just wanted to share this with you guys. I've bought a 2004 Corolla with Navi and Automatic transmission. Its a 1.6 gasoline.

What do you think about this one?

77_-1674123405.jpg

77_360768762.jpg

77_528929638.jpg

I considered a 1.4 D-4D with the MMT gearbox, but I was really dissapointed by the slow gear change. It felt like ages between the gears. The diesel was nice though... But I think the gasoline had better transmission.

The corolla I ended up with had a real automatic gearbox, original navigation and a CD-canger. Would it be possible to connect a USB-interface with this head unit?

Don't worry, I'll still love my rav, but my wife needs it for her job...

My new ride will be picked up later this week

Why?

Do you think they are ugly, or not legal?

No idea on the legality, they're just not to my taste, i prefer the originals :) :

rear.jpg

that looks a nice car :thumbsup:

So who's car is whose now? sounds like you have to give up the RAV4?

Yep, after a long fistfight, I had to give up the rav :angry:

No, it's a matter of comfort. I spend every day in a cueue, so that is why I want an automatic. My wife like the comfort of sitting elevated like in the rav. For me, that's not as important. Of course, I'll miss driving the rav, after spending all the time and effort making the stereo sound nice.

When it comes to the tail lights, I think they are just OK...

well, bacause you get to drive the RAV less frequently, it will be more fun when you do so, so one way to look on the bright side ;)

Very nice motor, and from what it says here, it's unlikely to let you down. Read the league table, and you'll see why people buy Japanese!!

Happy motoring!

Very nice motor, and from what it says here, it's unlikely to let you down. Read the league table, and you'll see why people buy Japanese!!

Happy motoring!

Yeah, I wouldn't want anything other than a Toyota. My family has always had one, even my parents-in-law have always had toyota. Because of that, I'm more interested in reliability than comfort. Well, the toyotas have been more comforable lately, so thats not an argument any more.

I've never experience that a toyota have refused to start... other than having a flat Battery...

Thanks for the link Robert. Nice reading. I noticed that Nissan Terrano II was the bottom japanese car... Worse was the renault :rolleyes: Typical french :P

I picked up my corolla yesterday, and spent the whole day driving it back home. It was a 350 mile drive, and it was quite exhausting... must say that the handeling of the corolla was quite impressing, considering that I've been driving the RAV for a couple of years.

Anyway, I've got a general Toyota question regarding the navigation unit that is installed in the car... The head unit installed has the imprint "19003" on the front, and play both CD and "Tape"! Can anyone tell me what "tape" is, and what are the benefits of tape vs. CD? :huh:

No seriously, since my head unit has a CD-changer already installed, would it be possible to also install a USB interface or a "apple" branded mp3 player interface together with the CD-changer, or do I have to unplug the changer while using the interface?

Does this head unit have interface for reverse camera? It's nothing I need, but it would be cool having B)

if you google Dension Gateway 100 you will find a great iPod interface that goes into ther CD Changer - and they DO say there is a extra option to fit this while retaining a Cd-Changer. Never used that option, just read about it.

if you google Dension Gateway 100 you will find a great iPod interface that goes into ther CD Changer - and they DO say there is a extra option to fit this while retaining a Cd-Changer. Never used that option, just read about it.

Thanks Hoovie! Just what I was looking for!

I think the Dension 300 will suit me best, since I prefer not to buy a Apple branded mp3 player :P

But considering the price, I might just sell the OEM satnav, and buy an aftermarket... I'll see

There might be an Ipod interface - you will have to ask a dealer but here are the instructions for removing the radio and trim;

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...25-E0336-60.pdf

Thanks anchorman!

Maybe I should have a thorough look through the techdoch-site... :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links