Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tom Tom

jibbbbbb

coming home from fooball today , and got totally lost , got the tom tom out from glove box , and surprise surprice it was dead . pluged it into cigerete lighter and got home no problem thank god . any way i would like to no if any one has run the charger lead nice a tidy from the the 12v plug to the tom tom on drivers side front screen . have i got to buy a longer lead , or will it reach running it under dash . just thought i would ask before i waste hours and find out its a bit to short ...

many thanks :D

Hoovie has got a tomtom as part of his 737 dash accessories. I'm sure he'll look in soon.

sorry, but could you ask again in a different way? don't quite understand what you are asking

ok mate , when i plug the tom tom in to cig lighter i have the lead running across the dash . today i trapped it in the glove box to stop it dropping down on to the steering wheel , just wondering if i can some how fit it nice and neatly so the charger is fixed permuletly nice and tidy behind the dash

Gotcha! (sorry if I seemed a bit slow :) )

How to fit it nice and neatly without dangly wires.

I have two suggestions for you (and I think the TomTom lead is pretty long and should give enough slack to do either of these - mine was, anyway)

1) If you are using a windscreen sucker mount, then the neatest place is pushed down between the side of the dash and the A-Piller/Door frame. if you pull the rubber seal away you will be able to route this very easily and just leave a bit of lead with the tomtom conenctor to plug in.

Then route the lead which goes to the cigar lighter behind the dash, keeping it hidden with suitable use of ty-wraps

2) If you are using a dashmount mount or similar, a neat way to route is within the radio bay, accessible by removing the silver trim surround with the 4 hex screws and then popping out the cable at the right place

If you look at pic, I have cables coming out for both TomTom and iPod and both are pretty invisible

The first one shows the iPod

ToyotaToysMedium.jpg

This pic shows the power for the TomTom coming from the trim

TomTom-4.jpg

What I also did rather then having a powerlead plugged into the cigar lighter was to buy a cigar lighter from Halfords and wire that in permenantly but behind the dash, so I could just plug the power into an invisible 'behind the scenes' power source, which makes the whole thing much tidier.

Hope This Helps :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links