Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is My Car A Knakker?

stigster21

Ive got a 1995 celica gt4, which unfortunatly smokes when first started when cold, and again under hard acceleration (once warm obviously). it looks a bluey colour from the rear veiw. Is this common???? and is it serious????? anybody please help

Tricky one to diagnose from a description, but from the bluey smoke it sounds like you're burning oil. It could be something as simple as the Valve Stem Oil Seals leaking - not a massive job if that's the case

I had the same problem, but i had oil spitting out my dump valve, it turned out to be a broken piston. have u increased the boost pressure at all?

other things it could be is the turbo? blue smoke on start up signals a turbo on the way out.

Tricky one to diagnose from a description, but from the bluey smoke it sounds like you're burning oil. It could be something as simple as the Valve Stem Oil Seals leaking - not a massive job if that's the case

I agree.... signs of a worn cylinder head.... sadly not uncommon :(

try parking facing uphill if it still smokes on start up try parking it facing downhill , this should point out its the stem oil seals as oil basically runs down the valve stem and into the relevent cylinder , by stopping on an angle oil may run off at a different direction and not down into a cylinder. you can take out a spark plug and screw in a special air line tool , this keeps up the valves whilst stripping them down to change oil seals , its a cheap way to do it , but if pressure is lost the valve can fall into the head then its head off time, COOL !!!!

as for smoke on acceleration ,this points to piston rings and cylinder wall wear possibly bits of oil still in cylinder from morning start ups ??? .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links