Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mine Is Bigger Than Yours - Or Is It?

Elenar

Hey all

I was recently getting my 53 plate Landcruiser ready for winter. I went to Halfords and enquired about new Wiper Blades. They sold me a 13" for the rear, 18" for the front passenger and 19" for the driverside.

Much to my dismay and after swapping the blades 3 times, I found that my car actually had (an now again has) a 17" blade at the rear, 21" front passenger and a 22" for the driver side. Halfords insists the sizes they got were what Toyota sent them, but TOYOTA previously fitted the old set of blades - HUH?

Has anybody else noticed this? What blades do you have? The new ones on my Landcruiser work great by the way - Bosch blades

I rarely rely on what Halfords have to say :( The staff can be next to useless as they more often than not don't know their stock :angry:

I rarely rely on what Halfords have to say :( The staff can be next to useless as they more often than not don't know their stock :angry:

Yea, sadly many stores have staff who are utterly useless! I did find a bloke at my local Tesco last night who actually understood what I was after for my mobile phone and he knew his stuff! Quite refreshing, but they tried to over charge me, so I didn't use their service!

So Steve, what size blades have you got on?

Why put Halford wipers on a Toyota ? .If you still have the original Toyota wipers just buy the rubber part from your Toyota dealer and slide them into the originals . Wife is ex Toyota mechanic she showed me this and have always done it with good results and cheap too.

.... and cheap too.

A great Scottish reference :lol:

Sorry but I could not let that once pass ;)

.... and cheap too.

A great Scottish reference :lol:

Sorry but I could not let that once pass ;)

Well, they are actually Bosch wipers. Not Halfords make. Toyota quoted me very high prices for the new blades. I'm a stingy *****!

They work really well now.

21 and 22 is correct for the fronts, not sure of the rear size, only got a part number for it and not in stock so cant measure it ;) The front blades are £20 a pair from Toyota

Kingo :thumbsup:

.... The front blades are £20 a pair from Toyota

:eek: How much :eek:

Bloody heck.... if I need wipers I'm off to Halfords :lol:

.... The front blades are £20 a pair from Toyota

:eek: How much :eek:

!Removed! heck.... if I need wipers I'm off to Halfords :lol:

Yep, I paid I think, £25 for the set of 3.

I went to my local Toyota dealer, asked for new wipers [rubbers] they asked where the vehicle was parked ...went outside removed them, and refitted them within a few minutes...job done and not expensive. :D very good service :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links