Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels And Tyres For Sale

Robert6920

After a lot of um-ing and ah-ing, and a bit of gentle pressure from my better half ("I don't know how anybody could even get in that garage, let alone do any work in it", "What are you doing going in that garage again, I'm surprised there's room for you to open the door", "What else have you bought that you're hiding in there" etc, etc) and now that we've "decided" to put the 17" alloys and tyres on her Rav4, I have "decided" to sell the original wheels and tyres from her 2005 Rav4.2

I will put them on eBay next week but I think there will be a lot of interest in such things on this forum, so here are some pictures. The only drawback (depending on where you live and how you look at it) is I am in Ireland, and therefore so are the wheels, although I am expecting to be in the UK mid November and could probably bring them over. My basic route will be Holyhead to London and return.

The alloys are in excellent condition, only one very slight mark (I struggled to find it myself) about 5 cm long on one rim - I've tried to take a pikkie (below). No bubbling, no kerbing (other than that light mark). They will fit all Rav4s, as far as I know, and are 16" 7J wheels, complete with centres, and shod in Toyo Tranpath A14 tyres with at least 5mm of tread left of each

I am going to ask £200 or €250 for all four. Please PM me if you're interested. Here are some pictures - all four wheels, then each wheel, then the mark, then the tread.

PA110241.jpg

PA110242.jpg

PA110243.jpg

PA110244.jpg

PA110245.jpg

PA110246.jpg

PA110247.jpg

hiya

i sooooooooooo want these! im a newbie and it wont let me pm. im in belfast so could pick them up. mine is a 1995 2.0 gx. will these fit on?

lisa

Hi Lisa

Yes, they should fit. I have pm'd you but if you have any difficulty reading it or replying to it, just use this thread to let me know. I am in Newry at lunchtime today so could rendezvous with you if that helps??

Best regards

Robert

robert, thats brill!! c ya in newry :D

lisa

alloys sold, gone to a good home in the North, and shortly to grace topper200's Rav4 (as soon as her better half gets the jack out :thumbsup: )

You old boys in Ocean's 13 and a half would've been proud of us - secret rendezvous in Sainbury's car park in Newry (plenty of cover from the gazillions of southern registered cars parked there already, with my compatriots inside the store stripping the shelves of food, wine etc etc ahead of our budget Lenihan Budget to Batter the Middle Class on 14th :eek::eek: ) and a quick handover of the wheels out of sight of any surveillence cameras

Lisa, it was very nice to meet you and your better half, hope all goes well and please let me know how you get on

Best of luck

lol, brill to meet you too robert. we were so worried we would get hit over the heads with a wheelbrace and our money nicked..... its always on the news about these gangs from drogheda who make sunday trips to the north....... lol

oh idnt get them on today (sob) as no matching wheelnuts in his stockpile., but he s promised me he ll do it 2morro.

would i need to get wheelnuts from toyota or do u think i could get them elsewhere (and cheaper)?

:D

we were so worried we would get hit over the heads with a wheelbrace and our money nicked..... its always on the news about these gangs from drogheda who make sunday trips to the north....... lol

My reputation precedes me, obviously. I am regularly seen in Newry mugging Sainbury's, or B&Q!!

would i need to get wheelnuts from toyota or do u think i could get them elsewhere (and cheaper)?

Honest answer, I don't know. I'd recommend some locking wheel nuts, I think McGard ones cost me about £30 in Halfords. But as far as Toyota OEM nuts are concerned, you've got the ten from me, and I'd reckon there's a number of forum members who've replaced one of the original nuts on each wheel with a locknut, ie they've probably got four or five nuts sitting in a their glovebox.

C'mon guys and gals, any takers (or rather, potential givers) of up to ten nuts in all??

There's a couple of people with Rav4s at work, I'll ask them tomorrow if they have any spare nuts. Hopefully, they won't take that the wrong way (especially the woman that works for me who's got a Rav4!!!)

brill! :D il got to the local motor spares place with one tomorrow.. you never know. i just cant wait to get them on the rav!

Def get some locking wheel nuts :thumbsup:

Autoexpress did a test on them fairly recently which you could find the results of on-line - McGard tested best, but I think it was the McGard Ultra (from memory) which are the ones to go for.

I haven't got any spares with mine, but I know what you mean, Robert - our Punto had 4 unused ones in the box with the lock key.

waaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaay got the wheelnuts sorted. phoned toyota who quoted me £8 a nut. :o

went to a 4x4 breaker about 10 miles away who gathered me up 10 for a quid each with a couple extra for luck.

oh(bless him) has spent the afternoon cleaning them and they re looking good. ive just finished polishing the wheels and after a quick cuppa tea we re going to bolt them on. cant wait . will sort out locking nuts also. £30 seems quite expensive altho thats what my local motor spares charge. , my starlet ones cost a lot less than that. will check fleabay

oh bought a damaged bull bar from the breakers, a sthey had a damaged 4.1. anyone know if 4.1 s came with bullbars as we think they might be toyota made and we want to replace a clip at the side.

:D

will sort out locking nuts also. £30 seems quite expensive altho thats what my local motor spares charge. , my starlet ones cost a lot less than that. will check fleabay

You can get cheap locking nuts - as useful as a chocolate fireguard, a lot of them.

This is the review I mentioned - Locking wheel bolts

The McGard Ultras are available from eBay - £42 inc Postage - Think I have seen them at Halfords for £30 but not sure if that was standard or ultra :g:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links