Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Sound Sustems

Patrickery

Hi,

Ive recently purchased a 2004 T-sport in need of a sound system upgrade. Im stuck for options any suggestions. I was thinking either keep the head unit and install an ipod adapter, a sub and an amp OR a whole new ipod ready head unit with the whole package? Any help would be appreciated, what have you fellow T-sport owners done?

cheers

Hi,

Ive recently purchased a 2004 T-sport in need of a sound system upgrade. Im stuck for options any suggestions. I was thinking either keep the head unit and install an ipod adapter, a sub and an amp OR a whole new ipod ready head unit with the whole package? Any help would be appreciated, what have you fellow T-sport owners done?

cheers

don't think you can hook up a sub to standard head unit

wot i recconmend doin is wot i am plannin on doin,

-after market Alpine head unit

-Alpine type R spreakers to replace standard Speakers

-Alpine amplifier for Speakers

i know from havin these Speakers previously that they are great sound quality an good bass so no need for a sub an you won't be fillin the car with weight to affect the performance

Lucky for you i took a picture of my install today. Im quite a sound maniac and love SQ. I opted as towey lowey for an alpine unit, I got a 9884r as it illuminates all red matches my interior plus ipod and usb interface plus sound imprint.

I have not touched door Speakers yet but will do so soon.

I the amplifier im using is a JL audio 500/1 and a jl audio 10W7 in the boot, all JL Audio wiring etc. I still have to install the bass controller yet!

But if you do something do it proffesionally i installed all mine and my fitting i can say was clean. Will take more photos. and put the link up in a moment.

Talking of weight etc, i chose probably one of the most cleanest and powerful 10" subwoofers because of the weight lol. The subwoofers retail value on its own is nearly £500 weight is a big problem. But i then removed my spare wheel and kept a bottle of TYRE WELD instead :)

Jl audio is the best haha! i wanted W6s so badly but the i didnt want to fill the boot up with 2 W6s. Mainly because of weight. Plus using only one would not have kicked to well for the music i listen to. Mainly because the quality of the music i play hardly has much bass to it due to bad recordings therefor i need something that will get the most out of it. Otherwise a W6 was the choice for me. I still think 2 W6s kick way better than a W7. I still sometimes feel to go to a W6 as they are extremely clean sounding subwoofers but the W7 is tight as hell. Im unhappy of the amp mount at the moment so may change the placement later. Need to still do Speakers and dynamat but funds are always a problem lol.

Jl audio is the best haha! i wanted W6s so badly but the i didnt want to fill the boot up with 2 W6s. Mainly because of weight. Plus using only one would not have kicked to well for the music i listen to. Mainly because the quality of the music i play hardly has much bass to it due to bad recordings therefor i need something that will get the most out of it. Otherwise a W6 was the choice for me. I still think 2 W6s kick way better than a W7. I still sometimes feel to go to a W6 as they are extremely clean sounding subwoofers but the W7 is tight as hell

The W7 need alot of power to make them move, due to the size of there magnets i was told, that's why you need a dedicated amp just to power them.

The W6 is smaller but still just as punchy sounding, and easier to cater with most installs.

I would agree that 2xW6 subs would sound better than 1xW7 sub, but then i'm sure other's would disagree.

But saying that, give it time for the wear-in of the sub and see if it sounds the same. I've had mine installed now some 4yrs now, it's mellowed alot but still can punch with the right sort of music.

I'm not into subs and all that, however any head unit will probably be better than the OEM unit. I've got a kenwood amp feeding the stock Speakers and the difference in sound is appreciable. If you went the whole hog and changed the Speakers as well, i'm sure the sound quality would improve further more.

Farhan, your sound system is the bomb! - probably sounds like one too LOL.

It is very punchy nrgizerbunny but it isnt the cheap bassline you can hear from down the street, as man-bing knows jl audio is about clarity not just hard hitting bassline. Thanks for the comments nrgizerbunny your car computer look mint.

I havent fiddled with my gains as of yet, going to take the car back to smk (Authorised JL Audio Dealer) to sort that all out, I really do think i need Speakers tho as mine jsut sound like garbage at the moment :(.

I remember when i purchased the subwoofer, I was in the shop thinking ahhh sounds are done i can go home and wire it to my directed, Then was told cant be done so had to splash out 350 on a jl audio amp, then another 60 to get the box sorted. Basically used the base of a 12inch sealed enclosure and modified it to a 10" front.

It is very punchy nrgizerbunny but it isnt the cheap bassline you can hear from down the street, as man-bing knows jl audio is about clarity not just hard hitting bassline.

I havent fiddled with my gains as of yet, going to take the car back to smk (Authorised JL Audio Dealer) to sort that all out

I remember when i purchased the subwoofer, I was in the shop thinking ahhh sounds are done i can go home and wire it to my directed, Then was told cant be done so had to splash out 350 on a jl audio amp, then another 60 to get the box sorted. Basically used the base of a 12inch sealed enclosure and modified it to a 10" front.

Yep the JL sub is a very controlled sub, not your typical run-of-the-mill stuff you find in your local Halfords shop, they are serious stuff, that's why they stopped online selling and have to buy from an authorised dealer.

It doesn't matter how much you tweek the sub farhanali, it will still never be enough :lol:

Just remember to strap the box down when you got it going, boy do they move ;)

lol haha! yea subwoofers are problems always want them louder. I strapped the box down by using velcro and so far it hasnt move once. which is good plus its cheap and easy. Use a staple gun and just staple the velcro in.

If you go over the top with your audio like I did, Your whole dash will start to rattle. It's a common problem with the new corollas. I had a 12" JL Audio sub and after a few months the dash was rattling and the windows so bad that I disconnected everything and took it in for warranty repair. my mate had his whole dash taken out and redone by Mr T.

Cheers

H :thumbsup:

Corolla T-Sport Facelift = Thunder Grey

:offtopic:

Un-related i know but it's been bugging me! :lol:

If you've got a Facelift CTS then it's Alsace Granite not Thunder Grey!! ;)

If you go over the top with your audio like I did, Your whole dash will start to rattle. It's a common problem with the new corollas. I had a 12" JL Audio sub and after a few months the dash was rattling and the windows so bad that I disconnected everything and took it in for warranty repair. my mate had his whole dash taken out and redone by Mr T.

Cheers

H :thumbsup:

It is true about the rattling but it depends on the fitter aswell everyclip needs to be put back in properly i have spent ages on my install and from experience in stripping a corolla and putting it back together i knew all the clips etc. Therefor mine doesnt rattle at all which was a thing that has bugged me in the past. You need to make sure you do everything properly and put everything back how it was otherwise things will rattle.

Its still grey isnt it? :lol:

We all prefer THUNDER GREY :yahoo:

I do suffer with a little bit of rattling, but not as that it's shaking my car to bits, my driving style does that for me :lol:

Having extra Dynamatting in my car, certainly helps to keep it quiet on the outside, as most don't hear what i'm playing unless i crank up the bass :lol:

Its still grey isnt it? :lol:

We all prefer THUNDER GREY :yahoo:

Thunder Grey and Alsace Granite are two different colours!! :lol:

Pre-Facelift's come in Thunder Grey, Facelift's don't!! :P

Jl audio definately suming wrth investing in and sounds good its pure clean bass nufin chavvy. Iv actually got a 15" crystal comp sub anyone herd of that? the only dealer for crystal subs is a guy up in MK, finking ov getting an RE sub a 12 mtx

How would you compare them to JL, have you JL owners herd any RE subs?

How would you compare them to JL, have you JL owners herd any RE subs?

A mate of mine swears by them, saying they are the nuts in subs.

He's got 2x15" RE subs inverted in his car and do they kick!!

I was going to opt for a Diamond sub to go with my comp front Speakers but was advised that, with my amp it might not be capable enough in power to run them, and the JL's would be easier on my amp instead.

Diamond audio is also quality, Not around as much as they used to be. Never heard those RE subs guessing they arent to bad. I just wanted JL audio for a long time tho and couldnt recommend anything else for the sound quality.

Iv tried kicker, orion etc. I reckon for the money 2 old school pioneer VCCS are the top dog s_it my mate has 2 12s powered by some vibe amp and it sounds mental! I was going to do the same but not to keen on the budget install there! Plus 2 12s would weight the car down lol.

They go on eBay for around 50-80 quid lol

Diamond audio is also quality, Not around as much as they used to be. Never heard those RE subs guessing they arent to bad. I just wanted JL audio for a long time tho and couldnt recommend anything else for the sound quality.

Iv tried kicker, orion etc. I reckon for the money 2 old school pioneer VCCS are the top dog s_it my mate has 2 12s powered by some vibe amp and it sounds mental! I was going to do the same but not to keen on the budget install there! Plus 2 12s would weight the car down lol.

They go on ebay for around 50-80 quid lol

I'v had a kicker and an orion H2 they packed a punch but i didnt like the kicker at all its bassy but its not clean and it doesnt sound good the H2 was aytt den agenn too bassyy n i prefer suming with good quality its costs top doller but its wrth itt. If i ever come to one of the meets n ur there you gotts hear the crystal cos trustt mee thats really suming pure clean andd excellent quality bass esp hooked up with my m6's. Thats if i still have it loll ma younger bro bin buggin me fo timmeee to give it over to him which i probably will and invest in an RE.

Man bing and farhan what components and coxials have you got??

Man bing what components have you got??

I've got Diamond M5's components in the front door, originals in the back door couldn't be bothered to change them :lol:

I was looking at the JL's XR's Speakers before i picked them, but then i heard about the new ZR's Speakers coming out but couldn't wait that long for them either.

When i told my installers what sort of sound i was looking for, previous tweeters i had were Infinity Emit tweeter (ribbon style, very old skool :lol: ) they said that the Diamonds were as close sounding as they are, as i like detailed sharp sound, but some people think they sound too harsh and over powering.

Back to old subs, my very first sub i got, and still have :lol: was a hifonics thing, i was impressed with it and it was loud for what it was.

But recently i connected it up to my car hi-fi just to compare with my JL, not even close :lol:

My JL had depth and control, the hifonics was just loud and confused sounding.

What was i thinking back then :chair:

There's no way i'm going back after that experiment :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links