Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Programming Ebay Key

timson

After one of the car keys went for a spin in the washer, it no longer works. Can I buy an eBay key, take the gubbins out, transfer to my now very clean key and reprogramme it myself. 2001 1.8 gls. Have done a search but it seems to be 98 to 2000 i.e Mk1. Thanks

BTTT

:huh: Surely someone has done this, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :D

im not sure but i think the coblers are the only people to program keys as i tried and cost me the earth to fix

BTTT

im not sure but i think the coblers are the only people to program keys as i tried and cost me the earth to fix

???????????????

BTTT

???????????????

to be honest mate, i think you are just as well buying one from toyota. By the time you have paid for the key on eBay with delivery, and then paid someone else to do the programming (and i've spoken to a guy who semingly does this - but couldn't guarantee me that it would work!!) you'd be better to get it from Toyota. I was given a price of about £100 recently for it.

• 1 month later...
BTTT

???????????????

to be honest mate, i think you are just as well buying one from toyota. By the time you have paid for the key on eBay with delivery, and then paid someone else to do the programming (and i've spoken to a guy who semingly does this - but couldn't guarantee me that it would work!!) you'd be better to get it from Toyota. I was given a price of about £100 recently for it.

if it was easy /every plonker in the land would pinch your motor/i bough one for my merc off eBay,and i did only to find it was useless ,tis possible to program it to open doors at a push, for merc c240 its £240 + the reg dos + passport, no kiddin,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links