Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T Sport Vs Top Spec Celica

H13RNC

I'm bored at work looking at planes so lets have another topic to get all of your brains ticking and slack at work, Gareth kick things off :lol:

I've had a sprint with a Celica T Sport (on a private road of course) and you know what, that is a rubbish car. My Corolla eat it for dinner!

Cheers

H :thumbsup:

Corolla T-Sport Facelift = Alsace Granite

:yahoo:

I've also been fortunate to have had a go against a Celica on a track day ;) the Corolla is deffo the quicker of the two!

The Corolla does have a more co-efficient drag rating than the Celica!

But the added bonus is that people see the Corolla as a "slow car" driven by "old men"

Good old Mr T simply mis-stated the Corolla's true figures as you couldn't have a hatchback being faster than your sports car now could you?! :lol:

Hang on, "kick things off"? You trying to say i don't do any work and just hang around on these forums all day? :ffs:

You'd be right! :lol2:

You have T-sport so beat Celica is nothing special ;) If I beat it with my 1.4 vvt-i it would really make impress.

The Corolla T Sport & Celica T Sport have the same engine producing the same power ;)

You have T-sport so beat Celica is nothing special ;) If I beat it with my 1.4 vvt-i it would really make impress.

The Corolla T Sport & Celica T Sport have the same engine producing the same power ;)

My Celica T Sport is long gone but I'm sure I remember the 0-60 figure being significantly quicker on the Celica.

Also, doesn't lift kick in at a different RPM in the Corolla?

My Celica T Sport is long gone but I'm sure I remember the 0-60 figure being significantly quicker on the Celica.

The 0-60 time on the Corolla is way off, simply as Toyota couldn't have their "flagship" sports car appearing slower than a hatchback ;)

Lift kicks in at 6,200rpm for both i believe

I've had a run in with a Celica TS too.

He ended up roughly 2 car lengths behind me.

Were you guys up against the Celica TS or the 190? If memory serves me, some of the 190s came with a 5-speed gearbox instead of the now standard 6-speed.

The 0-60 time on the Corolla is way off, simply as Toyota couldn't have their "flagship" sports car appearing slower than a hatchback ;)

Lift kicks in at 6,200rpm for both i believe

You're quite correct. I was thinking of the US market GTS which has lift kicking in at 6000RPM IIRC (something to do with emissions)

Maybe he missed a gear ;)

Were you guys up against the Celica TS or the 190? If memory serves me, some of the 190s came with a 5-speed gearbox instead of the now standard 6-speed.

No. The 190/T Sport/GTS (even the very early Jap imports) all had 6 speed 'box. Again the US was short changed with the GT (ie 140) coming with a 5 speed 'box.

Not surprised. Dropping the 3S-GE engine in favor of the 2ZZ-GE in the Celica was a major step in the wrong direction. As the old saying goes, "there is no replacement for displacement". And the only thing that comes close is turbo.

Maybe he missed a gear ;)

If he did there certainly wasn't any crunching from it :P

in a straight line the celica should nail the corolla, based on them both being TS editions.

Reason is, lower Cd for the Corolla, lower frontal area and lower rotating mass in the drivetrain.

if you compare the celica and corolla dyno charts (stock) you'll see the celica has a better torque curve but peak power is the same. they may have the same engine but different ecu's - and a slightly better map. also the celicas intake on the 2zz is more efficient than the corolla's - yes they dont share the same intake.

It's all well and good comparing stats of the two cars but the fact remains it's still 3-0 to the Corolla! ;)

It's all well and good comparing stats of the two cars but the fact remains it's still 3-0 to the Corolla! ;)

Yep, but on the Celica forum, you can bet your a$$ it's 30-0 to the Celica.

Having owned a Celica TS for two years and driven a Corolla TS at a Toyota track day at Oulton Park some years back, I know which is quicker ;)

Having owned a Celica TS for two years and driven a Corolla TS at a Toyota track day at Oulton Park some years back, I know which is quicker ;)

Unless a proper drag race was arranged this thread could go on and on!! :lol:

I've not driven a Celica TS so can only go on what happened on the 'track' day against one ;)

I've not driven a Celica TS so can only go on what happened on the 'track' day against one ;)

Well I've yet to see an road test, independent or otherwise, that shows the Corolla TS being quicker (or even as quick) as the Celica TS. In fact the only place I've even heard a whisper of it is on....wait for it.....a Corolla forum!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a pop at the Corolla - it's a great car. It's just not as quick as the Celica; not in a straight line and certainly NOT when there are corners involved!

Well I've yet to see an road test, independent or otherwise, that shows the Corolla TS being quicker (or even as quick) as the Celica TS. In fact the only place I've even heard a whisper of it is on....wait for it.....a Corolla forum!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a pop at the Corolla - it's a great car. It's just not as quick as the Celica; not in a straight line and certainly NOT when there are corners involved!

Handling wise i completely agree.

The 0-60 time quoted by Toyota is way off tho 8.2s put's it nearer the Celica 140's time which for a car with an extra 50bhp is ridiculous!

People have acheived low 7's at Santa Pod ;)

Well we know how to solve this particular argument.....FIGHT!!!! as Harry Hill would say...

Send me round Celica's and I will give them a race. [in a straight line...My very tall and chubby T-sport dont like bends too much! hehe]

Well we know how to solve this particular argument.....FIGHT!!!! as Harry Hill would say...

Send me round Celica's and I will give them a race. [in a straight line...My very tall and chubby T-sport dont like bends too much! hehe]

u cn count me in too..lol

Thought I'd add my two pennies, as I'm bored at work.

Although they have the same engine and power, there could be countless other differences that make the 60 time different, eg gearing, torque, power delivery etc.

The other big difference is weight, the Celica is much lighter, about 80kg I think which obviously means it will be quicker.

Thought I'd add my two pennies, as I'm bored at work.

Although they have the same engine and power, there could be countless other differences that make the 60 time different, eg gearing, torque, power delivery etc.

The other big difference is weight, the Celica is much lighter, about 80kg I think which obviously means it will be quicker.

Toyota stats put 10kg between the two with the Corolla the heavier.

The 0-60 for the Corolla is incorrect we all know that.

However the fact still remains three members have had a go against a Celica T Sport and won!!

:lol:

the source your basing things on isnt reliable. you should save these quality threads for the other forum - it needs a few more threads :rolleyes:

the source your basing things on isnt reliable. you should save these quality threads for the other forum - it needs a few more threads :rolleyes:

Somebody else needs a new topic of conversation. You're the only person to even bring it up anymore. Why do you even care we're part of another forum? hmmm?

Besides, it wasn't even one of our members that created this thread...

the source your basing things on isnt reliable.

Which source would that be? Toyota stats, which we know aren't reliable or real life encounters with the cars, which is?

you should save these quality threads for the other forum - it needs a few more threads :rolleyes:

Mike, you're now getting as bad as Flexy with your constant bitching about there being another forum.

Surely there's more important things in your life?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links