Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav Discs

St Thicket

I just bought a set of discs that has the same prefix as the one already in my car. It's the prefix 86271, which I thought would be compatible with my old disc with the same prefix... but of course not. Why should it be easy?

Anyway, are there a procedure I have to do before being able to use these discs, or are they useless?

Any help will be much appreciated!

I just bought a set of discs that has the same prefix as the one already in my car. It's the prefix 86271, which I thought would be compatible with my old disc with the same prefix... but of course not. Why should it be easy?

Anyway, are there a procedure I have to do before being able to use these discs, or are they useless?

Any help will be much appreciated!

I've not bothered to update mine yet. I think Duncs may have got a new set of disks at some stage, perhaps he will comment.

I assume you checked the update here:

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

This may not be relevant, but I know that, for at least my unit, the disks seem to contain both unit software as well as the map database. The software seems to get loaded at first Battery connect and power on. It goes though a boot cycle under those conditions. I wonder if it needs a full reboot (Battery disconnect)? I wouldn't expect it - that doesn't seem very "user friendly" for map updates, but you never know.

However, one thing to perhaps consider if you do try the Battery disconnect, is if on the off chance the new disks are wrong or not compatible, I'm not sure whether anything gets flashed at boot and I wouldn't want you to end up with a "bricked" unit.

I assume you checked the update here:

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

Yeah, but the site doesn't have a lot of relevant information. For instance, when I enter the number for my old disk, it only show the order code for the new one, not the actual disc-number. There is no overview of which disk goes where... It doesn't either tell how to upgrade. I bet that it is only necessary to insert the new disc, and then it should load automatically, but of course I'm not sure.

This may not be relevant, but I know that, for at least my unit, the disks seem to contain both unit software as well as the map database. The software seems to get loaded at first battery connect and power on. It goes though a boot cycle under those conditions. I wonder if it needs a full reboot (battery disconnect)? I wouldn't expect it - that doesn't seem very "user friendly" for map updates, but you never know.

However, one thing to perhaps consider if you do try the battery disconnect, is if on the off chance the new disks are wrong or not compatible, I'm not sure whether anything gets flashed at boot and I wouldn't want you to end up with a "bricked" unit.

I'll try the Battery disconnect. I doubt that the unit will be bricked, as I believe it is made idiot proof :-)

I'll try the battery disconnect. I doubt that the unit will be bricked, as I believe it is made idiot proof :-)

Just covering myself :D. Forgot to say, you need the DVD in the drive for it to boot, but that's probably obvious.

I think Duncs may have got a new set of disks at some stage, perhaps he will comment.

I have indeed updated my disks (they are much better than the original ones!)

I ejected the old disk and put in the new one and it loaded! :rolleyes:

I'm not too sure what is wrong with your disk, have you tried all 4?

P.S My old disk started with 86271 too :thumbsup:

I think Duncs may have got a new set of disks at some stage, perhaps he will comment.

I have indeed updated my disks (they are much better than the original ones!)

I ejected the old disk and put in the new one and it loaded! :rolleyes:

I'm not too sure what is wrong with your disk, have you tried all 4?

P.S My old disk started with 86271 too :thumbsup:

I see...

I just got a message from the seller, and he said that the discs were taken from a 2008 Rav4... My stereo is probably from 2004. Mine is a TNS600 and the Rav is probably a TNS700. Would that make a difference? Even if they both use disks with 86271?

I've done some research, and found out that the number that is correct for the whole set of discs is 86807-0W060, but the discs themselves have the number 86271, which is confusing. Anyway, if anyone have a 2006 rav4 or newer with sat nav, then PM me. I've got a set of discs that are laying around and not being used.

I've done some research, and found out that the number that is correct for the whole set of discs is 86807-0W060, but the discs themselves have the number 86271, which is confusing. Anyway, if anyone have a 2006 rav4 or newer with sat nav, then PM me. I've got a set of discs that are laying around and not being used.

Sorry I've been a bit dim :lol:

I should've read your profile :blush:

You'll need a set of disks for the 4.2 system (the 4.3's have a different system) :thumbsup:

I'm sure an owner with an XT5 or T180 will take them off your hands, after all they retail at well over £100! :eek:

Sorry I've been a bit dim :lol:

I should've read your profile :blush:

No worries.

I'm sure I'll find someone who'll need them.

For the TNS600 or TNS700 Fullmap systems:

The latest set is a box of 4 DVDs. Before this set it was just one DVD (version 2007).

TNS300/310:

The latest set is a box of 3 DVDs. Before this set it was just one DVD.

According to my info there is a new 2008-2009 version coming out next month!

By the way, if anyone have the 4 disc set for the TNS600, and knows that the Nordic disc is never going to be used... then I'll buy the Nordic one! I know that I'm not going to drive anywhere else than Norway (and in worst case Sweden or Denmark), so the single disc is the only one I need!

My original disc has the number 86271-24122. If your set is, or upgrades to PZ485-X01EU-07, then I can use it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links