Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

02 Corolla T3 Hu Upgrade

Hydrocilator!!

Hi,

My GF drives the Corolla, we both love it. Only problem being that the standard HU doesn't play MP3 CDR-RW's.

You can't just stick in any HU off the shelf cos its built into the dash. I'm wondering does the newer years standard HU play MP3's and fit into the same dashboard setup?

If so a breaker yard would surely have one.

Cheers,

Joe

:D

Hey,

Nope the new ones don't play MP3s. You can just stick an off the shelf player in! All you need is the loom adaptor and a new facia, which will cost you about £25 all together.

Click for Facia

The adaptor can be found in any old car shop for about a tenner.

If you need help taking the center console out to replace it in the first place, Have a look at ...Here! , he's uploaded pictures in his gallery basicly giving you a step by step guide how to remove it all. I can't seem to find his agllery but the pics are there!

Kearon. :thumbsup:

Cheers Bud.

Does the surround have the curve in it like this one, i can't make it out from the autoleads picture..

post-67623-1224008574_thumb.jpg

I've not used it myself, but everyone I know that's using one seems to be pretty flush. Apparently that one rattles alittle though. I'll try and get the link for a better facia, but it's pretty much £10 more. So depends if you can put up with a small rattle!

Can't find the link right now, one of my mates gave me it. I'll post it up as soon as I find it out for you!

Would it be me who everybody trying to find :lol:

Haha, I found you! Just couldn't get to the right part in your Gallery! :P

QUick question about your Doubledin... did you make the surround or buy it? I'm undecided whether to go Double or Single for mine.

QUick question about your Doubledin... did you make the surround or buy it? I'm undecided whether to go Double or Single for mine.

I had it made for me as i didn't have the time to make one, but from the look of it, it look easy enough to make.

It's a case of little bit of MDF/Plywood, shaped to fill in the gap, them cover it with trim, then repeat on the other side.

But i found a link that could just be the solution in what i had made ;)

LINK

If you decide in single/double DIN unit in the end, think if you want to change it later like i did, from the original i changed to single DIN for a few years, now i've had double DIN ever since.

Single DIN looks neater, but double DIN look more impressive :lol:

Also, if you do decide to have a double DIN unit, you need a new airvent trim as my pics shows

4104DSCF0011.JPG

Before-00.JPG

Before-01.JPG

Before-03.JPG

Before-02.JPG

After-00.JPG

I had it made for me as i didn't have the time to make one, but from the look of it, it look easy enough to make.

It's a case of little bit of MDF/Plywood, shaped to fill in the gap, them cover it with trim, then repeat on the other side.

But i found a link that could just be the solution in what i had made ;)

LINK

If you decide in single/double DIN unit in the end, think if you want to change it later like i did, from the original i changed to single DIN for a few years, now i've had double DIN ever since.

Single DIN looks neater, but double DIN look more impressive :lol:

Also, if you do decide to have a double DIN unit, you need a new airvent trim as my pics shows

4104DSCF0011.JPG

Before-00.JPG

Before-01.JPG

Before-03.JPG

Before-02.JPG

After-00.JPG

Where did you get the new air vent trim and the black blocks to fill the gaps? A Toyota dealer? If so what are the part numbers and prices?

Where did you get the new air vent trim and the black blocks to fill the gaps? A Toyota dealer? If so what are the part numbers and prices?

I got the airvent trim from Toyota, be warned, more expensive than you think, i even remember the man in the parts dept wouldn't want to sell it to me because it wasn't for my car, guess what i told him :lol:

Not got part no's at hand but will find them for you :thumbsup:

The little side trim, i had made for me, but from what the guy who made it for me, was make a template of the gap, use some plywood/mdf as the shaping material and cover with trim, think they used alcantara for it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links