Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Making Strange Noises

nightrax

Hello!

Thanks in advance for peoples help !!!

Ok, my car is making strange noises when l slightly rev the engine from hot or cold start it sounds like a bearing is going or a fanbelt. The noise also happends when the car is idle-ing but not that often.

I have recently had my clutch release bearing looked at as it was noisy from when Mr Clutch changed my clutch. I have been back to Mr Clutch to see if thats the issue and appartenly its not.

So at this stage im stuck as to what it could be, im thinking it could be one of the following:

• Air-Con
  • Power Steering - I dont think its this.
  • Fan Belt
  • Altinator - This did used to make a noise when l first started the car, but has since gone away.
  • Flywheel - I hope its not that!

Im prob going to take it to Mr T at some point to have a look (and just a look lol) as they will prob say l will need a new engine replacement or something similar :P

Thanks again !

Do you have a better description of the sound?, the guys might be able to help a little more.

Is it a squeal like the usual fan belt noise you hear when cars pull away / idling? Have you had anyone stick their head in the bonnet while you rev? (clutch in? i hope)

It could just be one of the tensioners on the alternator belt. If it was power steering, it does squeal when playing up but you'd probably be fighting with the steering wheel as well. I've had a water pump make a squeal just the same (fiat though), not sure where these are on the 2zzge.

Sorry l couldnt be more descriptive with the noise.

You hear the noise when your pulling away with low revs from about 1k-2k rpm.

I have stuck my head under the bonnet and get a mate to rev the engine with cluch in and clutch out, and it makes the noise as it comes back down to idle-ing and then it comes on for a few secs then comes back.

I have tryed to narrow down were it is in the engine bay but it seems to come from the back and lower down the engine, but its really hard to pin point the noise. Doesnt sound like the alternator, but it could be that. I was thinking it could be the water pump as then fan wasnt turning when the engine was making the noise so l think l can rule out the fanbelt.

One thing was a bit strange though was when l put my hand on the engine it doesnt seem to work its way down the rev range smoothly, when it gets to 3k rpm it seems to jolt slight as if the power or torque is coming down. Im not sure if this is normal? Sorry l cant describe that better but l would say do it yourself and you will know what l mean if you hold your hand on the plastic cover as you very the engine about 4k then feel it as the revs lower.

I am taking it to Mr T as they have offered me a free oil and filer change (how nice of them lol) and hopefully they will tell me exactly what it is.

Could it be the auxiliary belt tensioner which is a standard trait of the CTS? The noise is almost a squeak and happens mainly when the engine is bogged down or when under load at low revs. Its quite heavily documented on here. Its not a major issue, its just annoying.

Could it be the auxiliary belt tensioner which is a standard trait of the CTS? The noise is almost a squeak and happens mainly when the engine is bogged down or when under load at low revs. Its quite heavily documented on here. Its not a major issue, its just annoying.

Thanks for the info, did a search and that may well be it.

The noise seems to come from the bottom right of the engine which would imply clutch bearing? Well Mr T will have a look at it soon so hopefully they will know whats wrong with it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links