Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bike Rack

pugh

Hi All,

I have a 52 plate 1.8 T sport and am in need of a way to carry my bikes. I would rather not put bars on the roof and any rear strap system seems to be hampered by the spoiler.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

The best overall solution would be to buy a tow bar and use the tow bar bike rack clamp. I've seen them clamp work on my work mates car and it takes 30 seconds to put on, only problem is the fact that you'd need a number plate stuck on the back as its quite low down and obsures it and the tow bar is ugly - but great if you've ever been rear ended.

I'm a pretty big mountain biker myself, I tend to throw my bikes in the back. I do have a high mounted rear rack, but havent used it in a year. I was worried about the putting strain on the spoiler, but it seems to be ok. There are 3 securing points on the rear rack, two under, two side and two top. The two top restraints go down through the boot lid gap, over the top of the spoiler and are held on the inside by two plastic dumbells. Because they are almost parallel over the spoiler I dont think it would cause too much of a problem. The main frame sits on the rear bumper and tucks under the spoiler and that takes most of the weight.

I dont think the low mounted racks would be too good as the strap angle would be lower, presumably. Either this or clean your car out like I do, besides - saves on petrol (no wind resistance :) ).

NOOOOOO DONT DO THIS ITLL WEIGH THE CAR DOWN LOL. fold the seats is the cheapest option im sure you can get a bike in :)

NOOOOOO DONT DO THIS ITLL WEIGH THE CAR DOWN LOL. fold the seats is the cheapest option im sure you can get a bike in :)

You can get two full size bikes in no worries with the front wheels off and the front passenger seat forward :) But if your like me and need the drivers seat right the way back, you can only put them in one way, its like one of those chinese puzzles :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links