Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Police Declare War On Motorists!

new 2002 Tsport owner

This has been mentioned on topics before but I am going to rant about it again!

It seems local police need to make some money and are setting up speed traps in the most useless [from a safety point of view!] places.

Speed traps set up where motorist can already see 60 national speed limit sign in 30 zone and are starting to accelerate.

Very nearly got me but for ABS!

They got my mate at 9:00 pm!

He was only car in middle of nowhere...no pedestrians, parked cars, houses...It is in the countryside and there is nothing to hit! 43 mph! what a joke!

There have been a sum total of zero accidents at this spot so why?

ALso spotted are unmarked towed camera wagons...bit like a burger van but leave an even nastier taste in your mouth when open for business!

I agree that more traffic cops to pull over dud drivers [old gits doing 40mph everywhere, blind and oblivious to everything around them! Tailgaters, crazy overtakers...most white van men who seem to throw out even the slightest part of common sense and courtesy when they get in their shiny white van/GTA destructo machine...mobile phone users, lippy glossers who weave all over the shop while making themselves beautiful] would be a better idea.

PS...I am not a boy racer...but neither am I a total saint that spends every second staring at speedo and following stupid,arbitary 50mph speed limits on dual carriageway-motorway because if I do this speed limit I am going to definately be involved in road accident cos everyone else is doing 70+!

Anyway rant over...

I am going to try to take it very easy till they go pick on someone else!

Damm the 'Lift'...it will get me into trouble! One false dab of throttle and its curtains for me!

HA can beat that... We have the new Spy in the Sky Copters... trialling it in Essex.

Seen them once only...was on my mountain bike..so safe for now. They where hovering couple of hundred feet above main stretch of road, think they had someone already caught, but watching any way...

As I live down a country road (60mph) and believe me they do it...and also have a nice S bend just past my cottage.... almost every year some nice car/van owner trims the hedge, they've even raised the chevron sign, so now the cars now go under it rather than through it :wacko: ...Country lanes may be 60mph but the conditions and visibility ahead also need to be taken into account when using them......

I got caught a few years ago, doing 43mph in my Hiace, In a 30 limit. It was a long downhill stretch & they were hidden at the end.

Exactly one week later, I got caught again in the same place, doing exactly the same speed. It is very easy to pick up speed there,going down hill , without noticing it.

Cop stands out with his hand up & tells me that I am doing 43 in a 30 limit. I looked at him & said "For fxxks sake, I got caught here a week ago, doing the same speed. Any way, what do you expect, It's Friday the 13th?"

He looked at me for a minute & said "Ok, I'll let you off this time, but if I catch you again ,I'll fxxking do you! :lol:

We actually became good friends later :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links