Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cost Of 30,000 Mile / 4 Year Service For Verso !

Harry Smith

My Toyota Corolla Verso is 4 years old and has done 30,400 miles. I booked it in for an MOT and service this morning and was presented with a quote of £494 !!! Yes that's nearly £500 quid. Admittedly, the garage is in a London suburb - Kingston-upon-Thames. Even so!! :angry:

I rang Toyota and asked if they had any garages near me in Epsom. There weren't any, but I rang the two they suggested in the Surrey area for a quote for a 4 year service. One quoted £178 plus the cost of the MOT. One quoted £350 all in.

I cancelled the service and the garage are just doing my MOT. In defence of their quote they say that a brake fluid change is needed at around £65, a pollen filter at £40. They say that the garage quoting £178 is not a franchised dealer so they won't use proper parts, but it was Toyota who gave me the number of that garage so how bad can they be?

I'd really appreciate any advice. :unsure:

£65 for a brake fluid change? Were they wearing a mask? I get a brake fluid change every two years on my cars and the local Vauxhall dealer does it for £30. I don't know exactly what's involved in the 4 year service, but £494 sounds a little extreme no matter what, the Verso doesn't even have to have a timing belt change which is the usual 4 year service cost killer.

The 4 year service IS more expensive, even though you have only covered 30K It is your car, you choose what you want doing to it. Ask for a discount if the brake fluid change and anything else required for the service. I dont know what specific model you have but a pollen filter should retail about £24 (cheaper if bought from me ;) ) If you PM me your Reg number I can see what the basic charges would be for you, before adding fluid changes etc. At 4 years/40K I think coolant chnages are due too

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links