Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camcon Settings

ctsnay

just had my camcon fitted after an eBay bargin :)

if anyone has used one before what where the best settings they found cos its a bit overwelming

for someone such as me (totally useless lol)

cheers fellas

just had my camcon fitted after an ebay bargin :)

if anyone has used one before what where the best settings they found cos its a bit overwelming

for someone such as me (totally useless lol)

cheers fellas

why did you get a camcon? if you are useless dont do it yourself!

the camcon allows you to adjust a/f ratios and to tune the vvt (which is where you can make good gains) but you cant adjust lift. you'll need to study vvt tuning and try make sense of it! i'm doing a lot of research into ecu tuning and i've barely scratched the surface - not something to play with unless you know and understand what your doing, in my opinion i wouldnt have gone with a camcon.

Iv been reading up to, It says the lift cant be adjusted as you said ae102, Some owners on the aussie toc are adjusting there lifts from 5000rpm with one of these camcon thingies tho and hitting 0-60s much quicker, however if lift isnt adjustable then im not sure what they are using.

The Camcon can adjust Lift, anybody who can read the blurb about it knows that! :P

If you don't know what you're doing tho take it to your local tuners! :thumbsup:

we'll just try and ignore the useless post ^ and maybe get a good thread going on here for once!

last time i looked into camcons they couldnt adjust lift - have they been updated? that was the biggest complaint with them - they could adjust vtec engagement but not lift!

i havent been researching piggyback's but from what i have seen good safe gains can be made. with a standalone you have complete control wether its good for the engine or not - ie - knock values. with piggy's you cant adjust them values so they are safer for street tuning - although starting with a safe basemap on a standalone is a similar situation as using a piggy?

does the camcon come with the option of adding a wideband o2 sensor? ae111sr's post got me looking at ecu tuning again after his post on w/b ;) does the camcon have an autotune facility? if it does leave them so sort out p/t and h/t. the vvt has 3 settings - p/t, h/t and WOT - the WOT is what you are interested in as i presume you want to keep drivibility. you will need to datalog the info on stock ecu settings - laptop and obd11 connector i presume? what facilities are there for datalogging with the camcon? with the wideband you can monitor a/f readings and see how your tweaks work - the rule of thumb is never adjust more than 3% and see the effects. its not just a case of adding more fuel through the rev range as a certain revs the engine requires less than at lower revs - optimum values i suppose. every time you adjust you must run the car and datalog the readings, you must stop datalogin before you hit the revlimiter or it will not give accurate readings - you see some on youtube doing it on there own - WOT in 4th and one hand on the laptop!

you'll have to research a programme for dataloggin as i aint got that far yet! i'm studying standalone's and me poor sometimes impared brain cant cope! i'll try look 2moz into the camcon and try get me head around it............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links