Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhausts Uk

GIDDLEPIN

Exhausts UK

06603348.jpg

I had my quad tipped exhaust fitted by ExhaustsUK back in 2006. My first impressions then were of them being a very professional yet friendly organisation, on arrival at the Sheffield based company both Anne and myself were made very welcome and any questions asked no matter how trivial, were always answered patiently and explained fully.

Being a typical MR2 Roadster enthusiast and very proud of my car it was good to be able to watch the progress as the system was fitted. The competency and care taken by the fitting staff dispelled any fears I had that my precious lump of metal might be in the hands of a ‘Botchem & Quick Fit’ company.

Getting used to the difference in sound on the way home was an experience, it did seem rather loud after the standard system but once it settled down the deep burble was quite pleasing.

Within the first year all was well with the system until one day it developed an annoying rattle, after checking the many heat shields I traced it back to the silencer box. My first dealings with ExaustsUK and knowing how they treat their customers I had no apprehension in calling to explain the situation and see what they recommended. Without hesitation they told me to call round at my convenience and the problem would be examined, at the time it was thought to be just a mounting that had dropped, so a bracket was fabricated and all seemed well for a few months. Unfortunately the rattle returned and this time I did a full investigation, even removing the rear bumper for better access. After much banging, poking, prodding and cursing, I found the fault to be inside the silencer box. Another call to ExhaustsUK resulted in the same no nonsense reply only this time it was suggested that if the system was at fault then it would be replaced; once more this would be done at my convenience.

So………..After a trip to Corfu, JAE and an unfortunate break down, I finally managed to get down to Sheffield and get something sorted - well, true to their word a brand new updated system has been fitted along with a high flow cat that was needed, I dropped my car in at 10:30am, had a ten minute walk to the Meadowhall shopping centre for some retail therapy and a spot of lunch, returned by about 1:15pm and my car was ready at 1:30pm

I am more than happy with the price paid for my new sports cat and very pleased with my new none rattling and updated quad system

Thank you Pete and all at ExhaustsUK for a first class exhaust and a job well done.

Les

The website shows some rather attractive metal on there and some quality workmanship.

How was the whole purchasing experience with ExhaustsUK? do they build to requirements, and are they able to tune the end sound of the product? :)

Hope you can shed some light Les, would be nice to buy exactly what I want at a decent enough price.

The website shows some rather attractive metal on there and some quality workmanship.

How was the whole purchasing experience with ExhaustsUK? do they build to requirements, and are they able to tune the end sound of the product? :)

Hope you can shed some light Les, would be nice to buy exactly what I want at a decent enough price.

That picture showing the silencer and quad pipes as separates is out of date, the latest system is in one pece and looks even more stunning, the only joint is after the cat. I'll try and get a picture from them to show you.

I think my write up explains what the purchasing experience is like ;) If something or somewhere is crap I would tell the world :yes:

They will work with a customer to advise and fabricate anything you want (within reason of course) and as far as I know, tune the end sound to your requirements, obviously to legal limits, unless otherwise specified at the customers liability.

Les

I like that!! It's not an in your face noise, but still more than noticeable. Pics would be great to see the skill of these guys. I'll hopefully see it first hand if your at any Northern meets soon. :D

I like that!! It's not an in your face noise, but still more than noticeable. Pics would be great to see the skill of these guys. I'll hopefully see it first hand if your at any Northern meets soon. :D

You can always come on down to ours!!!!!!!!!! Open house here......................!!! You'd be very welcome B)

Thank you very much, it'd be nice to come and see how the proffesionals improve their cars :D

You going to somebody else's house then? :lol:

I just need a gentle prod in the right direction when I start the buying, so as to do the Roadster some justice. Don't want it to look like I've ram raided Halfords and bought up everything on the shelf. :D

Must admit I'm not a fan of Airfix stick on plastic panels (body kits) or ricey stuff, as with everything it's down to personal choice :yes: When I first saw the exhausts it was something I liked, I only decided to get one when my original started to fall apart and as it came with a 25 year warranty it seemed like a good bet ;)

So apart from a brief spell of Unichip ownership the only serious mods in six years of ownership are the quad pipes, seats, now the sports cat and soon to be Che header :thumbsup:

Les

Thank you very much, it'd be nice to come and see how the proffesionals improve their cars :D

That's just what I was thinking :lol:

That's just what I was thinking :lol:

Steady on Davy, you know how much it hurts when you start thinking :P :lol:

Anyhoo....Back on topic

It's one of the major reasons I bought the MR2, I wanted to distance myself from the boy racer "hot hatch" image that many people my age go for. So to whack on a very obtrusive tailpipe would definatley defeat the objective. Looks like the Guys n Gals at ExhaustsUK will be able to sort me out. :)

CFC1 - What's your Exhaust set up like?

Ahh...magnificent sound that replacement exhaust, Les. No wonder you don't want to resort to drilling a hole in the silencer :rolleyes:

Sounds like three tenors singing in unison...but know it cost a few bob more...first time round.

Anyway, so good to see you are back on the road - and with improved kit to boot! Happy motoring....and looking forward to reading about the next upgrade - from across the pond.

:thumbsup:

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links