Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Off Road Tyres For Rav4.2 16"

Purdey

Hi

Am looking for recommendations for off road tyres for the above or preferably combined off and on road use. Rav is 2002 and has 16" wheels.

Thanks

Purdey

Hi Purdey

Big subject, tyres - probably best to go for a multi-purpose tyre, usually called All Terrain, which is a good compromise between on and off road. There'd be a lot of debate about which is best but BFGoodrich All Terrain is way up there

Product info

I have the General Grabber UHP tyre. They are designed for most road driving, and a little off road. I doubt that you'll spend most time off road...

It says that it is designed for 90% road, 10% off road. I think they are excellent on wet roads.

Here's some info: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...del=Grabber+UHP

Purdey

St Thicket's right - you need to think about balance of on- to off-road. Have driven off-road with Cooper Discoverer tyres - ATR, and they were noisy but ok on-road.

I am in Drogheda so it's easier for me, but I must admit I buy my tyres in the North (along with food, wine, etc - better service, bigger range, cheaper prices - by far) Have used Philip White Tyres in Armagh and couldn't speak highly enough of them. Depending on where you are and how often you travel north, could be worth it

Purdey

St Thicket's right - you need to think about balance of on- to off-road. Have driven off-road with Cooper Discoverer tyres - ATR, and they were noisy but ok on-road.

I am in Drogheda so it's easier for me, but I must admit I buy my tyres in the North (along with food, wine, etc - better service, bigger range, cheaper prices - by far) Have used Philip White Tyres in Armagh and couldn't speak highly enough of them. Depending on where you are and how often you travel north, could be worth it

Hi All

Thanks a Million for the info!!

Robert, great excuse to get the hubby on a shopping trip up North before Christmas!! Thanks :D

Purdey

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links