Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tried And Tested Brake Combinations?

kangzy

Hi Guys,

its time to get new brakes and pads for my compressor and with so many options out there i want to find out wat tried and tested combination have worked for u...

ie mintex pads and black diamond disks?

and most of all which combinations would suit my compressor?

all sugestions welcome!!

cheers shaun

When I modify a cars brakes or exhaust and manifolds for example, I stick to the same brand because that way you know that the parts were made by the same company for eachother. So if I was going to get an exhaust system, I might choose a DC sports Cat-Back exhaust and I'd also buy the DC Sports Exhaust manifold because you know that the company would make sure they both went together.

When it comes to brakes, if I purchased Black Diamond discs, I'd buy Black Diamond pads aswell to be sure that the pads won't eat the discs. But if they don't make the right pads for you, you can't go wrong with Green Stuff pads which are good for up to 200 BHP, Red Stuff pads which are good for 200 BHP plus, and then if you want really high performance pads, you can gor for Yellow Stuff pads which are very hard but won't eat up your Black Diamond discs as they are a very high quality disc which are made for pads like those.

Hope that helped mate,

Kynan Parris-Jones

here's my 2pence worth for what its worth.

forget drilled discs, they are a waste of money especially on a corolla as it seems tobe either prone to cracking or warping. depending on how much you cane it. My advice would be normal discs with Redstuff pads. The pads make much more difference than the disc ever will.

I would also suggest you change all 4, the corolla isn't that heavy so its weight transfer isn't as pronounced as other cars, so you'll notice it quite a bit if you change the rears as well.

I wouldn't go near 3g with a barge pole, they are robbing ****! black diamond wouldn't entertain my cracked discs. the only one's i haven't tried are Brembo.

cheers guys?

so have nrdiserbunny.. u have tried both the 3g and black diamond discs?

i was actulli thinking of 3g disks witn mintex pads? y wouldnt u touch 3g?

so wat your saying is keep the standard disks and upgrade the pads all round?

anyone tried tarox discs?

yeah i've tried both.

the discs are ALL cast iron, fundamentally they are all the same, the difference is in the shape of the grooves etc,

on a corolla i don't think the holes are worth it, as you're unliekly to put suffiicnet heat into the discs to see much benefit. HOwever, you are likely to crack the discs.

a pad upgrade is definitely worth it. ebcredstuff is now the pad recommended by ebc. i have found them a bit harder on the discs than the greenstuff.

I've bad bad things about 3g and black diamond disks, crack, split you name it. Go for ebc solids and greenstuff or redstuff pads.

Cheers

Heran :thumbsup:

this topic has been covered 100's of times. go ebc as it's the popular choice and saves anyone getting upset. but with the kite you've spent on yours i would say buy something decent. Tarox only do front discs for ours if my memory serves me right. see "superdaves" thread on all available choices on TOCAU.

this topic has been covered 100's of times. go ebc as it's the popular choice and saves anyone getting upset. but with the kite you've spent on yours i would say buy something decent. Tarox only do front discs for ours if my memory serves me right. see "superdaves" thread on all available choices on TOCAU.

so wat would you recommend ae102?

and by any chance you got the link to for daves thread?

I've bad bad things about 3g and black diamond disks, crack, split you name it. Go for ebc solids and greenstuff or redstuff pads.

Cheers

i know you recently got the ebc set? how u findin them heran??

wel myself went for EBC grooved and slightly drilled disks , the holes are only touched with the drill bit when drilled so dont expect any holes.

with these disks i went for redstuff pads, i was very disapointed at first, but now ive covered 100+ miles i can certainly say they have bedded in and although i havent gave them a good thrashing apart from when i first put them on (silly me forgot they needed bedding in) they feel good to me, feel very safe and a great improvement from origional set up.

two disks and the 4 brake pads cost £260 if i remember correctly

i will give them good thrashing today and get back to ya ( any reason to take car for spin ) :)

Where do people buy there uprated discs for? I can find pads for the t-sport but neva seem to be able to find groved/dimpled discs?

I use ROSSINI disks drilled and grooved front and rear with red stuff pads.Traveled over 20,000 miles and still

going strong.A little more expensive but i feel worth it

HOOVER :thumbsup:

wel myself went for EBC grooved and slightly drilled disks , the holes are only touched with the drill bit when drilled so dont expect any holes.

with these disks i went for redstuff pads, i was very disapointed at first, but now ive covered 100+ miles i can certainly say they have bedded in and although i havent gave them a good thrashing apart from when i first put them on (silly me forgot they needed bedding in) they feel good to me, feel very safe and a great improvement from origional set up.

two disks and the 4 brake pads cost £260 if i remember correctly

i will give them good thrashing today and get back to ya ( any reason to take car for spin ) :)

sorry it was you borodaz not heran that had them fitted apologies...

so you fjst got the front s discs and pads not the back? and that was 260?

I use ROSSINI disks drilled and grooved front and rear with red stuff pads.Traveled over 20,000 miles and still

going strong.A little more expensive but i feel worth it

HOOVER :thumbsup:

ye ive seen the pics..looks really good improvement from the standard hoover? did you get new brake hoses too?

how much did you get the set for and where from?

cheers shaun

I've get Redstuff pads all around and solid EBC Discs on the front. Can't say I've ever had any problems with them and they do their job.

Still stop you well enough when cold and bite quite hard if warmed up!

I've get Redstuff pads all around and solid EBC Discs on the front. Can't say I've ever had any problems with them and they do their job.

Still stop you well enough when cold and bite quite hard if warmed up!

HOOVER YOU HAVE PM

can't seem to find my invoice for the brake disk's ,but i paid £96.97 for the red stuff pads

and no the brake hoses are standard.

Hoover :thumbsup:

so wat would you recommend ae102?

and by any chance you got the link to for daves thread?

Cheers

i know you recently got the ebc set? how u findin them heran??

Na i kept the same disks coz they were still in good condition and just got greenstuff pads, works well trust me. Alot of is down to 'brand names'. Your money though :lol: my advice would be ebc solids and redstuff pads!

Cheers

my suggestion .... Rotora BBK :D :D :D :D :D

Enough stopping power for you to head butt the windscreen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P1270048.jpg

P1270050.jpg

new_brakes_1.jpg

new_brakes_6.jpg

my suggestion .... Rotora BBK :D :D :D :D :D

Enough stopping power for you to head butt the windscreen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P1270048.jpg

P1270050.jpg

new_brakes_1.jpg

new_brakes_6.jpg

n how much did dat cost u? n where did u buy it from?

cheers shaun

n how much did dat cost u? n where did u buy it from?

cheers shaun

Ur looking around USD$1400 + shipping .... you will also need to include getting the rotors re-drilled as this is made for a celica which is a 5 stud ..... that was only a $50 cost here in aus but not sure what they will charge u in europe.

u can source them directly from rotora .... i bought mine from monkeywrenchracing but there are heaps of online shops that have them .... "RBK10.01 4-PISTON 295X25 1-PIECE Rotora Big Brake Kit"

all brake lines n everything else to fit these is included ...... if u hadnt noticed yes the rotors r larger and u would b running 4 piston calipers :D :D :D :D :D

these dont fit over all 16" rims and u might need 17's ...... or u could opt for the larger BBK but again u'd need bigger rims 6 piston kit http://www.rsaperformance.com/rofrbigbrkit.html

cheers

Bill

stumbled across this topic in a moment of leisure...

I fitted 6 pot calipers and discs from KAD and have found they're good at stopping - so much that I need to check the rear mirror to make sure guy behind has got space to stop!

Wasn't cheap, but then we're planning on putting more than 350bhp thru the RAV!

KADbrake1.jpg

IMGP0032.jpg

just thrown in for interest!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links